Sign in to follow this  
StarshipUK

Worm.Rbot variant / spoolvs.exe

Hi,

I have purchased a subscription of Superantispyware. I now have some spyware and superantispyware is not removing it.

In the windows toolbar I am getting a yellow triangle with an explanation mark in it and says "Windows Security Allert." when the mouse is placed over it. It is displaying the message:

Windows antivirus.

Windows has detected spyware infection!

It is recommended to use dpecial antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you

Click here to protect your computer from spyware!

Superantispyware is detecting:

Unclassified.unknown origin [1 items]

Registry Keys

HKU\S-1-5-21-1715567821-725345543-1801674531-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run#spoolsv [c]

Worm.Rbot variant [2 items]

Files

c:\windows\system32\spoolvs.exe

Windows Startup

[spoolsv] c:\windows\system32\spoolvs.exe

I am then telling superantivirus to quarintine the spyware, but everytime I reboot it comes back and superantispyware informs me again it has blocked this.

Does anyone know how I can remove this completely?

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi Starship.

Some malware such as that can be removed from running the scan in Safe Mode. Make sure you have SuperAntiSpyware fully updated, then run a Complete (not Quick) scan from Safe Mode.

If that doesn't help, then submit a support request here and the company will run a diagnostic:

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

There is no one antimalware product that is 100% effective.

Smitfraud Fix differs from SAS in that Smitfix only targets specific types of infections. SAS detects a much broader range of infections including most of the smitfraud "family".