prairie dog

question

I was recently told ccleaner was great to run in order to clean up, and also makes the scans with SAS and my AV go a little faster. I am just curious, when I clean the registry it asks if i would like to back up the results. Should I always do this? Thank you in advance! :mrgreen:

I was recently told ccleaner was great to run in order to clean up, and also makes the scans with SAS and my AV go a little faster. I am just curious, when I clean the registry it asks if i would like to back up the results. Should I always do this? Thank you in advance! :mrgreen:

It's always a good idea to do the backups to ensure nothing "bad" happens :)

I don't suggest the use of any registry cleaner, unless you really know what you're doing and have a specific need to use one.

Also note that no registry backup is going to help if XP doesn't start due to the use of a registry cleaner.

CCleaner is doesnt clean that much in the registry and it is really safe..

Make a backup the first time, (or the first 2-3 times, if you need to run it more then once before it doesnt find more)

And if you dont get any problems, you can delete them after 14 days ( or 30 just to be sure)

but dont change the settings unless you know what you are doing..

I ran CCleaner on both files and registry. Everything is fine except my tray icon for avira is now gone. It is still running and windows shows that it is up to date and active. Everything is the same except the tray icon is gone. Is there a way to get that back? Do I need to reinstall? Thanks in advance for any help :D

i like to run CCleaner before i do my SAS scans. While updating CCleaner, they have advertised "speeditup 4.0 free" . My desktop is old and slow, so this interests me. Has anyone heard of it?

I don't suggest the use of any registry cleaner, unless you really know what you're doing and have a specific need to use one.

This is 100% correct but if you realy want to fix something i think that

RegSupreme (or jv16 PT) belongs to the better ones ...

Berny +++

Yeah i use regsuprime to, its a good registry cleaner, in the safest mode it analyses with 2 registry cleaner engines, and only errors both agree on, is listed for removal.

Registry cleaners & registry defragmenters aren't necessary and IMO snake oil.

Not sure if I agree but I enjoy using them. :oops:

Registry cleaners & registry defragmenters aren't necessary and IMO snake oil.

Agreed.