larrymcg

What's Running quit working

SAS has a link to find out what's running on my computer. It used to work. Now when I click it, it starts up FireFox with a new tab (as expected) and then keeps going back and forth between two web addresses. The addresses are:

http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/whats ... preff.html

and

http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/whatsrunningff.html

I have IETab in my FF so I set it to run www.fileresearchcenter.com in an IE tab. Clicking the link in SAS fired up fileresearchcenter which asked me to install superadblocker, which I did, and now the list of what's running gets made.

I'm sure that this used to work without resorting to IE running in a FF tab. The FF about:plugins does list a superadblocker plugin. IE also has a similarly named ActiveX.

The FF file info for the plugin is:

File name: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npsabffx.dll

FireFox Plugin

Shouldn't this work in FF directly?

--Larry

I recently tried FF3 and had some performance problems so I totally got rid of it and started over with FF2 (2.0.0.16). I did preserve my FF2 profile (and used a different profile for FF3). Maybe some common element between FF2 and FF3 got messed up. Hadn't thought of that.

Any suggestion on how to make it work on FF2 again? In the meantime it is fine to run an IE Tab for fileresearchcenter.

--Larry

If you can't get it working correctly you could try a full removal of both products and reinstall.

Save your bookmarks for Firefox to a safe location, then uninstall Firefox and delete the folders C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and C:\Documents and Settings\logon name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

Then uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware.

Then reboot your computer and reinstall Firefox 2.17 and then reinstall SUPERAntispyware and update it, then hopefully it should be working as it was before.