robinb9

How come you did not announce you sent a fix for cookies?

I have 50 clients to notify and tell them there is an update and one of my clients just called and told me that Superantispyware just had another update to version 4.21.1004 to fix the cookie problem. I thought you were going to announce it here. I did not see it today.

So as I am on the phone with her, I see the white and blue box appear- some coincident eh? And just sent them an email telling them to do the update.

robin

I have 50 clients to notify and tell them there is an update and one of my clients just called and told me that Superantispyware just had another update to version 4.21.1004 to fix the cookie problem. I thought you were going to announce it here. I did not see it today.

So as I am on the phone with her, I see the white and blue box appear- some coincident eh? And just sent them an email telling them to do the update.

robin

The in-product updater alerts everyone of the changes :)

I've got SAS pro installed on about 400 customer's computers. I sure the heck am not going to call them :)

I'm in the same boat. Customers can call me when they have a question or problem unless I just happen to be doing a follow up.

Robin, do you sell you customers a full maintenance contract? I've come across several of your posts over the past year and IMO you spend copious amounts of time holding your customer's hands. Babying them is counterproductive. Just my $.02 cents since I'm a tech/consultant......

I've got SAS pro installed on about 400 customer's computers. I sure the heck am not going to call them :)

I'm in the same boat. Customers can call me when they have a question or problem unless I just happen to be doing a follow up.

Robin, do you sell you customers a full maintenance contract? I've come across several of your posts over the past year and IMO you spend copious amounts of time holding your customer's hands. Babying them is counterproductive. Just my $.02 cents since I'm a tech/consultant......

Yep I do but I do it monthly and the only thing I ask them is to do the updates for two programs- AVG 8.0 and Superantispyware Pro/free

There are 50 so far on my monthly maintenance program, but I have over 300 customers and those I just send out a mass bcc email to inform them that there is an updated.

I have them "trained" not to download and install anything they do not know before asking me first (via email or phone). They actually like to be "babied". The only ones who do not like it are my business clients, but the majority of my clients are in the age group 45+ and do not own their own business, this is their personal home computer.

I guess they just need assurance.

Before I could send out this email last night I received 20 more calls asking me "Should I do it". (I tell them every month to do the AVG 8.0 upgradess and or the Superantispyware upgrades- and for some reason (cough cough) they do not listen.

and after I sent the email I again got calls and I asked them "don't you read my emails'? and some said "well I skimmed it but did not really read it" go figure

robin

I explain to my customer's what the core updates are, then let them know to go ahead with it when SAS pops up requesting the update.

I've only had two or three calls with "What do i do?".