no_viruses_plz

Removal of viruses

Hello,

I found the following viruses and would just like to know if it is okay to remove. I just want to make sure that it's okay to remove these viruses, in case I accidently delete something I need.

From the quick scan, I found four files:

Trojan.Unclassified/C00-WL/A

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\__C0011971.DAT

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\__C0011971.DAT

Trojan.Unclassified/C00-Installer

C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\~.EXE-3B3A448A.pf

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\~.EXE

From the deep scan, I found one file:

Trojan.Unclassified/C00-Installer

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{00A0FBA4-8A7B-4558-BAF6-C51A17F285BD}\RP222\A0012038.EXE

Thanks. And how do you know if it's okay to delete something and not like, mess up the computer? If someone could explain to me, that would be very helpful.

Right click on "My Computer" (or "Computer in Vista) and choose Explore to find the files. Or Start>Run, then type in explorer.

You may have to 'Show Hidden Files" under Tools>Folder Options.

Well first off when SAS removes files/reg values etc then they get held in quarantine zone of the software.

They are not actually deleted from the computer completely and are easily restored should SAS delete something in error by going to quarantine option in SAS.

As far C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{00A0FBA4-8A7B-4558-BAF6-C51A17F285BD}\RP222\A0012038.EXE

This is a file held by system restore. I usually flush system restore after cleaning an infection from a PC.This can be achieved by switching system restore *off* then swithching it back on again :)

http://www.real-knowledge.com/flushres.htm

HTH:)