Unexpected Re-boot Messages After Scans

Hi,

Just joined the forum - I have used SAS for a month or two. Great program!

But, the last couple of days, after putting the scan findings into quarantine, I'm told to reboot.

The scan findings are almost always the usual low threat cookies, so this makes little sense, and is quite a time consumer to re-boot each time. If I don't re-boot, the program tells me I am still infected.

Last night, my scan found only one very minor cookie, and yet I was still directed to re-boot. Never had this problem before the last couple of scans.

What's going on?

Thanks for any help!

outofdatebob

It's better removing threats before windows loads, that's why rebooting is asked. But you should worry about cookies, you could even just uncheck the option to detect them at all

Oh those pesky cookies lol,

Whenever i have installed SAS onto customers pc's i always uncheck detect tracking cookies....because i always install a 3rd party drive cleaner :wink:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Slim ... d4191.html

C/Cleaner nukes the cookies along with a healthy dose of pc housekeeping at the same time.I always suggest they run CC after finishing their net surfing session 8)

Oh those pesky cookies lol,

Whenever i have installed SAS onto customers pc's i always uncheck detect tracking cookies....because i always install a 3rd party drive cleaner :wink:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Slim ... d4191.html

C/Cleaner nukes the cookies along with a healthy dose of pc housekeeping at the same time.I always suggest they run CC after finishing their net surfing session 8)

I always uncheck it as well.

So fatdcuk, do you set CC to ignore the customer's password cookies?

Kind of,

I expain how to use "Cookies to keep" function in Options>>>Cookies and do a few for them.The rest is upto the end User to configure :wink:

I unchecked the cookies because it does ask for a reboot- it never did this prior to version 4.2 but I actually like that it deletes these bad cookies but I do not like to have to reboot to get rid of them.

When will this be fixed and also please tell announce it here so I can re-check this options all the computers it is on (which is over 50) that I maintain.

thanks

robin

I am the original poster about this problem.

Thank you SuperAntiSpyware! The "fix" you described must have been included in an update the last day or two.

The reboot message is no longer showing up after SAS finds a cookie or two.

Problem solved!

OutofdateBob