sussie

SAS icon in Task bar no longer displays

:? After downloading and trying out the SAS pro on the trial period, I decided to purchase SAS PROF and download the 4.20 update.

I have noticed a changed in the way the software behaves, which i don't think occured before.

Before the bug icon used to appear in the Task bar, but now it no longer appears. I was worried that maybe SAS was no longer active, but to my surprise SAS window popped up and did a sheduled scan.

I have checked my Preference setting and it shows that SAS icon in the system tray is checked.

Is this how it works now due to the version update?

Hi ya,

its quite possible that you have had a buggy install process...

If you have the time and inclination then best bet would be to reinstall from scratch using the following method.

1)Goto Preferences>>>Help tab & select transfer product license.

**Make note of your activation number :wink:

2)Uninstall SAS using the following tool>>

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

3) Reboot.

4)Install SAS c/o SAS homepage Pro links and then reactivate using your old license code.

HTH:)

Thanks for your prompt reply Fatd

Im going to do it now, I not that technical, so Ive taken the precaution of creating a restore point.

I'll report back as soon as Im done.

:? Oh dear, I come across my 1st hurdle. As soon as I went to preferences and selected Transfer Product License. An Alert box appeared warning me to only do this action if I am reinstalling XP or moving the product to a new computer. Nither of which I am planning to do.

Help!

ok this is not a hurdle....ignore the alert and procede:) Just remember to note down your activation code;)

:D Well Yippe Yi Yeh!

Thanks fatd, your instructions worked a treat, my Bug is back in the task bar. Im sure this information will be usefull to others.

All the best

Oh, by the way whats HTH?