alicez

Ver 4.20

I installed SAS ver 4.15 a week or so ago (on my WinXPsp3) and now I notice there is a newer version 'out' = ver 4.20.

#1- Is that true (not Beta)?

#2- If it is available, will it over-write the ver 4.15 I now have?

#3- Or will upgrade be made when I click on the update button in my ver 4.15?

#4- Will this 4.20 version work with my Vista which has Defender; AVG8 and SpywareBlaster?

Thank you.

Alice

1) Yes.

2 and 3) The update when will be done through automatic updates, or by clicking on the update option.

4) Yes.

Re my

#2- If it is available, will it over-write the ver 4.15 I now have?

#3- Or will upgrade be made when I click on the update button in my ver 4.15?

In #2, what I meant was - will the new version 4.2 over-write the version I now have 1.5? Or do I have to uninstall my present version (using the Add/Remove in Control Panel) on my WinXP PCs?

What I meant in #3 was, when the ver 4.2 is availabe for download, will it be included in my downloadws when I click on the Update Now buttom? Or do I have to download it myself from a dwonload site?

No, you don't have to uninstall.

A SAS message will appear informing you that a product update is available. Or, manually click on update to get it immediately.

I doupdates manually.

I clicked on the "Check for Updates" and download was completed.

I still see that I have Version 4.15.1000.

Core 3549 and Trace 1537

The new Version 4.2 did not download.

That is why I have asked if I have to download it myself from a download site. And that I have to uninstall the version I have now before I try to install the 4.2?

Maybe I am wording my questions incorrectly?

I see on the SAS webpage:

"Important : You MUST uninstall any previous version before installing this version."

I also checked "Check for program updates" on my notebook, and when I restart SAS I see a pop-up in lower part of screen. I click on Update Now, and get message: "You must stop the scan and close the main screen before updating." I am not doing a scan and when I close the SAS, the pop-up goes away.

This is all so very confusing!