Solemn

Any ETA for 64-bit support?

First of all, hello, I'm new here and am very interested in trying out SAS pro for my system.

Anyway I know I'm kind of beating a dead horse here (especially after doing quite a few searches that didn't give me the clearest answer), but as the title says: is there any estimated time for when SAS will have full support over 64 bit OS's? So far it's been a bit vague as to when and I know it's hard to say, but as someone who is definitely going to get this product once it has the support (and knows a few other friends who'd like to as well), is there any chance it will come soon (for example, end of this year or early next year?).

I'm currently running Vista 64 on my computer and have had it rough with compatible antispyware support that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for good results. That being said, I must say that SAS has looked extremely good (just about perfect for me) whereas my current "amazing" setup still has Windows Defender, aka the ol' blind fat dude :roll: and my desire for something to make me feel a lot safer seems so far yet so close. So aside from that bit of drama, I think it'd be great for all those potential users out there if there could be possible answer to this little request.

Thanks in advance!

The program will run in 32 bit mode on 64 bit systems. There is No certainty but I would judge that it would be before the year is over but that is an "unofficial" estimate. :) We do not pre-announce development . :wink:

For me its not so much important that the code be in64-bit, but that the 32-bit modules fully work within Vista x64. As it is now, Vista blocks some of SAS's modules from loading because they're incompatible with x64.

For me its not so much important that the code be in64-bit, but that the 32-bit modules fully work within Vista x64. As it is now, Vista blocks some of SAS's modules from loading because they're incompatible with x64.

Fully agree with that (essentially what I want if not full 64 bit support).

I guess for now we must wait, although I appreciate the comments and information provided by you guys.