alicez

SAS Updates 4.15.1000

I just instated SAS on my desktop and notebook. I notice (on both) when I check for updates, a small blank 'box' comes in the middle of the screen, with the wording at top "Superantispyware Defininiton Upd." And then after a second or two a small box appears stating "Checking for updates, please wait." And then after a few seconds, another box appears, stating " Superantispyware has downloaded and installed....."

I just wanted to know if that first box is what is supposed to appear?

The one with the wording at top :"Superantispyware Defininiton Upd," and blank box beneath it? I thought, maybe, there should be wording in the bottom of box.

I just instated SAS on my desktop and notebook. I notice (on both) when I check for updates, a small blank 'box' comes in the middle of the screen, with the wording at top "Superantispyware Defininiton Upd." And then after a second or two a small box appears stating "Checking for updates, please wait." And then after a few seconds, another box appears, stating " Superantispyware has downloaded and installed....."

The one with the wording at top :"Superantispyware Defininiton Upd," and blank box beneath it? I thought, maybe, there should be wording in the bottom of box.

Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing?

I will as soon as there is a new update.

When I check for an update, I will be told right away if there is no update.

When I check for an update and there IS an update, I see the following "BOX" (*) in the center of the screen. Which has at the top: "SuperAntiSpywareDefinition Update" with a blank space (box) beneath it.

It will remain for about 5 or so seconds and then I will see: "Checking for Updates. Please Wait."

sas2tm3.th.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7484/sas2tm3.jpg

And then a few seconds later, I will see the following box.

sas3ft0.th.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1751/sas3ft0.jpg

As I said originally, I just wanted to know if that first "BOX" (*) with the wording "SuperAntiSpywareDefinition Update" with a blank space (box) beneath it, that I see, is normal and it is what I should be seeing after I click on the "Check for Updates?"

DSL

(Just wanted to mention that I see same thing not only on my desktop, but also on my notebook.)

I've installed and manually updated SAS hundreds of times, but for the life of me can't remember if that box is supposed to be blank :(

Anyway, since it's happening on the laptop and the desktop, what other security programs and/or popup blockers do you have on both computers?

I've installed and manually updated SAS hundreds of times, but for the life of me can't remember if that box is supposed to be blank :(

Anyway, since it's happening on the laptop and the desktop, what other security programs and/or popup blockers do you have on both computers?

=======================

NIS2005 (SAS is included in the Firewall as "Permit All")

Spywasre Blaster

AdAware SE Personal (supposed to stop updates end of August 2008, when I will uninstall.)

AVG-AS7.5 (supposed to stop updates end of Aug. 2008, when I will uninstall. And that is why I installed the SAS).

Provided that the updates go through, I wouldn't bother pursuing it.

I installed the SAS on my Vista ntoebook and when I check for updates I see the box that states that the downloads are being done.

However, as I said, on my other notebook and desktop (as I stated above) still contunues to show the "blank" box when the downloads are being made. Both to the desktop and notebook which have WinXP and which not too long ago had SP3 installed.

Does anyone else have WinXPsp3? Do you show the blank box also or do you see the 'regular' download box?

I am not going to worry about as the new updates appear to be downloading and installing, but just thought I would mention about having SP3 on both my desktop and notebook and both of them show that 'empty' box as mentioned above.

Thanks.

Alice