Sign in to follow this  
poao

Realtime protection: Windows Defender VS SAS Pro

Hi,

I am currently using SUPERAntiSpyware Professional (lifetime subscription) as my real time protection from spywares. In addition to SAS pro I am also using: AntiVir personal classic and Webroot desktop firewall.

I checked all the running services in my PC and I located only one associated to SAS pro (SUPERAntiSpyware.exe) and it is using only 400-1000KB of RAM.

Can the realtime protection in SAS pro be effective if it's only using under 1MB of RAM?

For example, I used in the past Windows Defender (I am sure that SAS detectes much more pests than Windows defender) and it used around 40MB of RAM (which makes sense as the program need to load the signatures).

Don't misunderstand me, I do like that SAS Pro realtime protections uses this very small amount of RAM. I was just wondering how much effective it is.

Regards,

Poao

It is really very effective, although it uses a small amount of RAM! Some good antivirus programs are using very small resources but still are very effective(ex: Kaspersky 2009, NOD32, Avira etc.)

The SUPERAnti Spyware Team has really done a good job!