sas1

No update messages

I have SAS free program version 4.0.1154. I know that version is 5 or 6 months old.

I noticed this past week that I no longer get the pop up message telling me a newer version of SAS is available. Of course, I stopped getting the message just when I decided I'd go ahead and update.

When I click the Check for Updates Now button in the Updates tab in Preferencs, I get a message stating "There are currently no updates available for download and installation". But how can that be when your website shows the latest version is 4.15.1000?

Am I no longer able to use the built in updater to update to the newest version?

You probably only update from the main page..

it only checks for difinition updates, and not program updates.

Rigth click on the SAS icon in the tray and thoose update..

or go to preferences --> updates --> and push on "check for updates now".

and then it should update the program version..

You probably only update from the main page..

it only checks for difinition updates, and not program updates.

Rigth click on the SAS icon in the tray and thoose update..

or go to preferences --> updates --> and push on "check for updates now".

and then it should update the program version..

Thanks for your input, but I did select program updates...not definition updates. Regardless whether I click on the SAS icon in the system tray or preferences -> updates -> Check for updates now, I get the message stating that "There are currently no updates available for download and installation".

???

Are you using a third party firewall? If so, have you allowed such for SAS to update?

Are you using a third party firewall? If so, have you allowed such for SAS to update?

Nope. I only use Windows firewall. I do use Sandboxie, but I've had that for a while and it never interfered with the SAS update pop-ups. I'm doubtful it's that, but I'll double-check my Sandboxie settings just to be sure and report back here.

Whereas you are working with an old version and the problem that you are having may have been a bug in that version and has been corrected in the newest version, why don't you manually update to the new version.

1. Download SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstallation Assistant here.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

2. Close down SuperAntiSpyware.

3. Run the SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstallation Assistant to uninstall SAS

4. Download and install the latest version 4.15.1000

I found out why this was happening to me. In addition to posting the question in this thead, I also emailed SAS Customer Service. They responded stating their public update servers have been turned off because the majority of their existing userbase has already received the update.

I thought I'd post this response in case anyone else has the same experience as me.

I'll either uninstall SAS and reinstall to the new version or just wait until SAS update servers are turned back on with the newest release.

Thanks for your input.