Mike Turner

High CPU Usage

Same problem here (XP SP2) SAS constantly jumping upp and down when I look at active processes. Sometimes it goes up to 15% and sometimes only 2%,, strange.

I noticed my workstation was acting weird this evening and here's the culprit. PC is idle with zero programs opened in the foreground.

Win XP Pro SP3

GeForce 8800GT 169.44 drivers

Avira Premium 8.1.0.367

SAS Pro 4.21.1004

saspromem3nq9.jpg

saspromem4vp9.jpg

We have a possible lead on the situation, we are looking into it now.

I hate to bust your bubble. But I am using the free version of SAS on XP pro SP3 at home and at work testing it out. At work I have an ATI Radeon X300 with the latest ATI drivers (8/20/08). No activity in Task manager at all with Trend Micro Enterprise and Windows Firewall. At home I have a Sapphire using same driver. NOD32 and Commodo Firewall. I am constantly closing SAS as it gets to 100% CPU. Came here looking for answers as I like the program.

As an afterthought, At work I have DSL 100% online at home I use Dialup seldom online, is SAS trying to access the Internet?

I also have 2GB RAM at work and 1GB at home, but I don't see how that would affect CPU activity.

This is related to a specific situation and we have resolved the issue. It will be included in the upcoming release - when it's ready :)

This is related to a specific situation and we have resolved the issue. It will be included in the upcoming release - when it's ready :)

Thanks for the heads up and all of your efforts.

That's great news. I look forward to the opportunity to test it.

Mike.

Is this problem solved, because I have I problem that look like this one ?

HCH,

We are all waiting patiently. :roll:

9/4/08 is the latest release so I would expect something with a late October or November release date. I for one cannot use it until its fixed as it goes 100% of the CPU at home.

Well, sad to report, using the latest 'pre-build', that at least on my system, while the CPU spikes are lower than before, they are Still present at a 1 sec rate spiking to 17%.

Vista HP SP1

Nvidia video card 7300GT 512meg latest drivers

AMD 1.4ghz Thunderbird CPU 1gig RAM

I've updated the drivers on the Pentium IV to 175.19, so both PCs are now on the latest, but I still get the problem. Any more suggestions, please?

Surely I can't be the only person with Nvidia drivers and this problem.

Try our new pre-release 4.22, it should resolve the problem :)

4.22 looks promising. Processor usage looks to be more or less the same, whether or not Real Time Protection is enabled. SAS still uses a little processor from time to time, but nothing like as much as it did before, and no more than I would expect. I will have to leave it running for a time to be certain.

Thank you very much.

Mike.

4.22 looks promising. Processor usage looks to be more or less the same, whether or not Real Time Protection is enabled. SAS still uses a little processor from time to time, but nothing like as much as it did before, and no more than I would expect. I will have to leave it running for a time to be certain.

Thank you very much.

Mike.

I agree with Mike. My CPU usage is WAY down (0-1%) and the memory being used is miniscule (as opposed to gradually creeping to mind numbing levels BEFORE this beta). It got so bad that I stopped using SAS except as a demand scanner. Good job!

Although my spikes were not as high as others have reported (mine crept up to 17 - 25% after the computer had been in use for around 6 hours)

Since using the 4.22 pre-release i am pleased to report that i am also no longer having any problem and the cpu usage (if you can call it that as it is so low)is still the same as when i booted up 9 hours ago :D

Although my spikes were not as high as others have reported (mine crept up to 17 - 25% after the computer had been in use for around 6 hours)

Since using the 4.22 pre-release i am pleased to report that i am also no longer having any problem and the cpu usage (if you can call it that as it is so low)is still the same as when i booted up 9 hours ago :D

Thank you for the testing and report! :)

Is the fix only for latest Nvidia Driver users ??

I am using DELL and hence I am stuck with whatever drivers they release only :x

So I am still running Nividia Forceware 175.97 .... Hope thats not a problem :?

The issue actually has nothing to do with NVidia drivers - it just showed the issue as they are on lots of systems. If you had CPU issues with SUPERAntiSpyware, download the pre-release and give it a try! :)

Ok, I think the issue is gone now.

Have been running SAS Pro for about 20 mins, doing common tasks. CPU usage : 2-8% Mem.Usage: less than 1MB.

Great work, SAS team :D

I will continue running the pre-release, hopefully no issues will arise.