Sign in to follow this  
Mele20

Avira is detecting Superantispyware as a trojan

Avira is currently detecting:

SuperAntiSpyware.exe is TR/Vsup [trojan].

The detection is on version 4.0.1154.

I have submitted the file to Avira with the notation that it is probably a False Positive. I submitted it about an hour ago so I probably will not get a report from the lab until Monday.

Some of you may know that Avira began detecting Spyware Blaster as a trojan several days ago. That got fixed with an update Saturday and it is that update that started Avira detecting SuperAntiSpyware instead. Geez. :roll: I just wanted to alert you that this is occuring.

Just for info, I am not experiencing this Avira FP on the latest SAS PRO version 4.15.1000 on either Vista SP1 or XP-SP3 systems.

I thought the version I had was the latest. Why didn't it tell me I needed a new version? I updated the definitions just a little while ago. I use it just on demand about once a month and I run a full scan then. Well then, those of us seeing this are running an old version. I'm glad there are no alerts on the latest version.

edit: I see why it didn't tell me there was a program update. I use the free version. I also use the Proxomitron for many, many years. Proxo has to be bypassed for SAS to to show the need to update the program and to do the update. I didn't remember that and will probably forget again as I am getting old and forgetful. Proxo has to be bypassed so the ad can show. I'm fine with seeing an ad about purchasing SAS. I just wish I didn't have to try and remember to bypass Proxo. I also had trouble getting the current definitions. I got an esoteric error. That too was because I didn't think about having to bypass Proxo.

Anyhow, I now have the latest version and Avira no longer alerts. :)

I just wish I didn't have to try and remember to bypass Proxo. I also had trouble getting the current definitions. I got an esoteric error. That too was because I didn't think about having to bypass Proxo.

Anyhow, I now have the latest version and Avira no longer alerts. :)

Why remember, just add it to the Bypass List :

[^/]++superantispyware.com/

...And check F/wall allows.