DaleCSmith

SAS Fails to Run

After a successful install of SAS the program does not start. No error messages, no event log entries. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SAS. My anti-virus software found Troj_Agent.aeum. XPSecurityAgent was installed. I have a task tray icon that pops up with a message of "Your computer is infected". Is there anything I can do to get SAS to run? Thanks.

try putting the computer in safe mode and run superantispyware

robin

I've tried running it from Safe Mode with Networking. I'm trying fix this remotely. I'll try if from Safe Mode without networking. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've booted to safemode using the SAS bootsafe utility and still could not get SAS to run. Any suggestions. This infection resulted from the UPS email that was recently released. Thanks.

I'm currently in the same boat. I'm working on what was once a massively infected machine. I took the hard drive out, scanned it w/ Symantec Corp. Ed., McAfee command-line scanner, Trend scanner, and AVG. Then I reinstalled the hard drive in the machine, and installed AVAST. BTW, every single one of those virus products found some sort of virus.

Anyway... Initially, I couldn't run SpyBot or SuperAntiSpyware. I would click on them, but it looked like nothing would happen. I pulled up task manager and noticed that if I tried opening them repeatedly, you could see them appear in the task list, then vanish.

Finally, after more scanning with AVAST (and I loaded temporarily on the machine AVG), I was able to get SpyBot working. But I still can't get SuperAntiSpyware to kick off.

This machine has been in my possession for a couple of weeks, so it wasn't hit by the latest UPS virus. But I sure would feel better if I could get SuperAntiSpyware to run.

I'm currently in the same boat. I'm working on what was once a massively infected machine. I took the hard drive out, scanned it w/ Symantec Corp. Ed., McAfee command-line scanner, Trend scanner, and AVG. Then I reinstalled the hard drive in the machine, and installed AVAST. BTW, every single one of those virus products found some sort of virus.

Anyway... Initially, I couldn't run SpyBot or SuperAntiSpyware. I would click on them, but it looked like nothing would happen. I pulled up task manager and noticed that if I tried opening them repeatedly, you could see them appear in the task list, then vanish.

Finally, after more scanning with AVAST (and I loaded temporarily on the machine AVG), I was able to get SpyBot working. But I still can't get SuperAntiSpyware to kick off.

This machine has been in my possession for a couple of weeks, so it wasn't hit by the latest UPS virus. But I sure would feel better if I could get SuperAntiSpyware to run.

Have you tried running SAS while booted in safe mode?

Follow-up to let everyone know that I downloaded a 7-day SpySweeper evaluation which installed/ran/removed stuff. After it was done, SuperAntiSpyware launched/ran just fine w/o having to reinstall or anything.