SUPERAntiSpy

False Positives Found - Trojan.Dropper/Gen

How long does it take normally when you report false positives using the report function within the program after a scan.

Do you get a reply, or is it that you will just notice that the files wont be detected again if they are found to be false positive after a later trace update.

If they are found to be false they are removed from our definitions - we don't send confirmation e-mails as most people don't put in real e-mail addresses.

How long does it take normally when you report false positives using the report function within the program after a scan.

Do you get a reply, or is it that you will just notice that the files wont be detected again if they are found to be false positive after a later trace update.

If they are found to be false they are removed from our definitions - we don't send confirmation e-mails as most people don't put in real e-mail addresses.

Oh, I put in a correct email address, was I wrong to do that?

That is no problem - we don't send confirmations either way.

Ok,

Core has been updated to 3512 and trace is 1503.

I ran another quick scan this morning after an update, and I see these 2 items were detected again, so I suppose they just haven't got round to it yet.

Should I detail a scanned log here, or should I just wait till I see it's not being detected.

I haven't removed these 2 items I just ignored them for the time being, I am worried if I put them into quarantine it may cause a problem if they are indeed false positives.

Oh, I put in a correct email address, was I wrong to do that?

That is no problem - we don't send confirmations either way.

If something is NOT a false postive, don't submit it. What was detected? Post your scan log here.

Can someone please let me know what to do in the meantime as I have updated today and still those 2 items are found.

I am now confused at to whether they are false positives or not.

Is it that someone at SAS would check this out, or should I send the file to Nick?

Many thanks.

Add them to your trusted list - they appear to be an old application - remember, you are on a 12 year old operating system.

Nick,

Should I just point the trust folders direct to the item concerned, or the whole folder from which the sit?

You can just trust the item and you should be fine. Either way will work.

Can you tell me what this does?

The option for Resolve Links/Shortcuts during the scan [.Lnk]

the answer does stand in the help menu

preferences and options --> scanning control.

SAS,

Can you please let me know the result of the 2 files I sent you, obviously when you have tested the files I mean.

Big thanks

The files are in the queue for review - They are likley false positives - just skip them in your scan as directed and trust/allow them and they won't be detected.