cathy

copy-book.com

Hello, I have been trying to access sites on my computer and my google redirects me each time to copy-book.com. 24 year old son borrowed this computer last night (no comments please), I have run my SuperAntiSpyware and it has not removed whatever is causing this. By the way, can't wait for my son to get home from work!

Cathy

Hello, I have been trying to access sites on my computer and my google redirects me each time to copy-book.com. 24 year old son borrowed this computer last night (no comments please), I have run my SuperAntiSpyware and it has not removed whatever is causing this. By the way, can't wait for my son to get home from work!

Cathy

Submit a support request here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

My dads computer has also been infected with this - It has affected both the new Firefox 3 and IE6, with redirecting and preventing files from downloading.

Its also preventing updated definitions from downloading in SAS and also redirecting when trying to download the manual updates (Redirects to search@hand page with The domain "updates.superantispyware.com" is invalid. message!)

This looks like a real nasty one that has just come along.

I found another person with this problem here:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/hijack-l ... 04906.html

But it looks like there are no programs or solutions on how to fix this one yet.

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi all,

I'm not saying it will work for everybody, and obviously everybody's computer setup will be different, but I hope the principle for getting rid of this pain in the a*** will be the same ...

For me, it went like this . . .

Open "Network Connections" in the Control Panel

Right-click your particular Internet connection (in my case Tiscali Broadband)

Select "Properties"

Select the "Networking" tab, then select "Properties" again

For me (and hopefully others too), this brings up the DNS Server details, NOW ... this is where my problem was.

The "Use the following DNS server addresses" box was checked, and there were two addresses filled in, a preferred one and an alternate one.

All I had to do was uncheck that box and check the "Obtain DNS server addresses automatically" box, and after restarting my browser the problem was fixed !!!

I hope this doesn't seem like I am over-simplifying the problem, but after the nightmare I have had trying all the usual routes (Hijack This, every Antispyware product you can think of, I even uninstalled my AVG Antivirus and tried a couple of others one by one as a last resort), I just had to let somebody know that this MAY be the answer.

Best of luck ! :D

Many thanks to CARRUTHERS. I had the "copy-book.com" problem of redirection and also the inability to access windows updates. Your solution has solved all the problems. Thanks again

Ok, this is THE SOLUTION TO EVERYONE!!!

Make sure you use firefox - it makes everything a helluva lot easier. You can use Chrome too, but in truth, it doesn't really matter which Internet Browser you use.

Ok, so flush your DNS. go to command prompt, and copy and (right click) paste the following -

ipconfig /flushdns

(the space in between is required).

ok, then close that down.

go back to internet, and go to google.com. see if it's working.

Nope? Ok then. people are going around, saying you have a big trojan on your computer. It's a little bug, and only a few antivirus' can pick it up. I use avira premium, which found nothing.

so, anyway, the solution is:

1) go to www.google.com/ncr

2) you should go to the REAL google page. Now, bookmark it as a bookmark you can click on, and even better, set it as your homepage.

3) now, everytime you want to go to google.com, click on your bookmark, which should take you directly to the REAL google.com, no matter where you are in the world.

Tell me how you got on. mindboom9@yahoo.com