SUPERAntiSpy

Integrating Core and Trace definations

I do not get the point that why are core and trace definitions kept separate. No one would like to update only either of them....

I think they must be Integrated as a single file....

What is the reason behind scrutinizing the definitions?

They are kept separate as they can be updated individually and thus reducing download size.

LOL........... :D

The trace definitions are only 145 KB large.......so I do not get the point that it reduces the download size...!!! :shock: 145 KB wouldn't hurt you...right??

The Core and Trace will be staying the way they are :)

Hey buddy calm down...I actually cannot understand the answer. Please post a brief description of your answer. :)

xpsunny, I am on your side as far as the definition integration is concerned, and better yet I would like to see them rolled into a setup file for an automatic installation. However it appears that the developers, for w/e reason, do not wish to implement the change or discuss the logic behind their reasons.

Hey buddy calm down...I actually cannot understand the answer. Please post a brief description of your answer. :)

xpsunny, I am on your side as far as the definition integration is concerned, and better yet I would like to see them rolled into a setup file for an automatic installation. However it appears that the developers, for w/e reason, do not wish to implement the change or discuss the logic behind their reasons.

They are done as individual files as it reduces download size - it's really quite a simple reason.

They are done as individual files as it reduces download size - it's really quite a simple reason.

You already mentioned that up above.

In the end you should download/install both, so having a separate 145KB file is going to save very little time (in most cases we're talking about seconds) even if you're on dial-up. If you're truly are concerned about the size of your files then I am a bit miffed as to why the main SAS setup pkg. is 6+ MB. :wink:

Even when you feel that a suggestion is ideal it's rarely implemented, no matter if it's program related or for the website in general. I could name several off the top of my head but that would be off topic for this thread.

:)

You already mentioned that up above.

In the end you should download/install both, so having a separate 145KB file is going to save very little time (in most cases we're talking about seconds) even if you're on dial-up. If you're truly are concerned about the size of your files then I am a bit miffed as to why the main SAS setup pkg. is 6+ MB. :wink:

Even when you feel that a suggestion is ideal it's rarely implemented, no matter if it's program related or for the website in general. I could name several off the top of my head but that would be off topic for this thread.

The bottom line is this - we do what's best for our product, our users and company - removing spyware is the top priority. I will always prioritize advancing removal and detection technology over other items.

You are "miffed" that our install package is 6MB? Many of our competitors products are >10-20MB to download, some as high as 40MB.

The core and trace will remain separated as we have plans for the future where that will end up a great benefit - proprietary items we don't release or announce until they are public.

All items suggested are kept on our wish list - and implemented if deemed necessary and of benefit to the majority of our users - remember we have over 9 million users to please, not just a few. :)

The bottom line is this - we do what's best for our product, our users and company - removing spyware is the top priority. I will always prioritize advancing removal and detection technology over other items.

You've been stating that for years and I have no reason to doubt it.

You are "miffed" that our install package is 6MB? Many of our competitors products are >10-20MB to download, some as high as 40MB.

No. I am "miffed" about your comments regarding the 145KB file. In regards to your competitors Counterspy is 72MB. :wink:

The core and trace will remain separated as we have plans for the future where that will end up a great benefit - proprietary items we don't release or announce until they are public.

Duly noted.

All items suggested are kept on our wish list - and implemented if deemed necessary and of benefit to the majority of our users - remember we have over 9 million users to please, not just a few. :)

I understand. However I've seen you implement fixes within the program that you were firm in keeping as-is (ex. the free version splash screen). This also includes minor website improvements that would only take a few minutes to fix that you promised to take care of. I'm not bitchin'......I'm just sayin'. :o

Sounds like "bitching" to me. :D

We attempt to treat people with respect so we don't just reject their suggestions outright but consider them; that said nor are we going to divulge proprietary information. Some worthy items can be implemented within the contraints of changes already in the "hopper"others cannot.

Forum suggestions are not the only source of suggestions reaching us, focus groups and users alike provide a variety of suggestions. As always, we will continue to evaluate these. Our priority will always be detection and removal of spyware/malware over any other enhancements. :)

I trust this concludes the issue and thanks for understanding!! :)

maybe they are seaparate for 3 reasons

these are just possible examples not actual facts. jsut out of the box thoughts.. nothing more.

1. the trace files are created at 10 in the morning and the core are made at 2 in the afternoon. to combine the 2 will mean the latest updates may not be ready till 3 in the afternoon.

thus holding up the trace team to not begin making the following update because of the 5 hour delay. and leaving a computer not as protected against lastest threats for 5 hours.

2. maybe by combining the file makes it a little harder to deal with. yes it saves seconds on download speed. but creates more then the 5 second time difference to extract and separate the elements to then impliment into the program at users end.

3. because one day there may be no update of one element and on same day there 5 updates of the other. imagine the time wasted and download usage wasted downloading both parts 5 times a day?

superantispyware is a great program. be happy its great and stop knit picking little things like the fact they should use 7zip. it aint like you have to download a 700mb file each day.

plus arguing on here is wasting more of your time and bandwidth anyways. save time and bandwith, just be happy with it.

theres a saying.. if it works leave it alone

theres a saying.. if it works leave it alone

No, there's a saying: If it ain't broken don't fix it.

my saying works, leave it alone..

oops i meant my saying wasnt broken, so dont fix it. lol

I wanted to take a moment to thank Nick and the SAS team for implementing the suggestion in the OP even though they were initially against the idea. :mrgreen:

You mean the installer for both?