siliconman01

Question for other Vista SP1 users of SAS PRO

I'm runnning Vista SP1 Business and SAS PRO 4.1.5.1000. My license is a lifetime license.

On the main window of SAS PRO, the words "Lifetime Subscription" do not show up under SUPERANTISPYWARE Professional. Nothing shows up. On my XP-SP3 system, it shows properly that my license on that system is Lifetime.

I'm not having any trouble with SSUpdate obtaining core and trace rules.

Is/Are any other Vista users experiencing this problem?

Tech support states they cannot reproduce this problem in the lab.

Also, if I try to "Transfer the license", it returns that it cannot connect to the activation server. My Avira firewall is not blocking it as near as I can tell. Even disabling it does not resolve the issue.

On installing SAS PRO, I have manually enter my Activation Code because SAS PRO cannot connect to the activation server.

I have checked with Nick and my license is Lifetime.

SAS pro reports correctly on my Vista Business SP1 install. I use Avira Premium v8, and I have the Windows firewall running in default configuration.

1) Have you always had this problem?

2) Uninstall, create a new user account as a test, now install SAS again.

Thanks EliteKiller for your feedback.

1) Have you always had this problem?

The problem has been present for some time now; however, if my memory is correct, it started with the first version of V4.0.

2) Uninstall, create a new user account as a test, now install SAS again.

Uninstalled, created a new user account with admin privileges, installed SAS PRO via the new account. Still no luck. If I try to activate via the internet or transfer the license, it says it cannot connect to the activation server. All other updates, etc., work.

Yes, I am running Avira Premium Security Suite. However, as stated earlier, disabling the firewall makes no difference.

I've bypassed my router and that makes no difference.

I've booted into SAFE MODE with Internet Connection and that makes no difference.

My XP-SP3 machine works fine showing the Lifetime License; the Vista machine shows nothing for the subscription...two separate licenses.

Yes, different valid lifetime license than the XP-SP3 computer. To the best of my knowledge, SAS PRO is one license=one computer.

Hmmm... missed that feature. :(

I'd switch to the older license from XP-SP3, but when I do a Transfer License on the Vista system, I get the "cannot connect to activation server" message. For some reason, the activation server just does not like this Vista SP1 system. Weird to say the least :?

My license is a lifetime license.

On the main window of SAS PRO, the words "Lifetime Subscription" do not show up under SUPERANTISPYWARE Professional. Nothing shows up. On my XP-SP3 system, it shows properly that my license on that system is Lifetime.

I'm not having any trouble with SSUpdate obtaining core and trace rules.

Is/Are any other Vista users experiencing this problem?

Tech support states they cannot reproduce this problem in the lab.

Also, if I try to "Transfer the license", it returns that it cannot connect to the activation server. My Avira firewall is not blocking it as near as I can tell. Even disabling it does not resolve the issue.

On installing SAS PRO, I have to manually enter my Activation Code because SAS PRO cannot connect to the activation server.

I have checked with Nick and my license is Lifetime.

I have exactly the same problems.

I'm using vista business x64. also a lifetime licence.

"Lifetimt License" is not indicated.

I had to re-activate last week for some reason.

It would not connect to the server, but I could manually get the code to activate it.

It seems to me that although the program states it cannot access the activation server, it seems that it is doing so because, as I said, I could manually get the new code.

It seems to me that although the program states it cannot access the activation server, it seems that it is doing so because, as I said, I could manually get the new code.

willie,

I still have not found a resolution for this problem on my Vista SP1 Business system either. As with you, I can manually activate okay, but nothing shows up on the type of subscription on the SAS PRO main window.

You wouldn't happen to be on a router/firewall with more than one computer on the router, eh?

You wouldn't happen to be on a router/firewall with more than one computer on the router, eh?

siliconman01

Nope, although I use the Netgear DG832 router I have only 1 computer connected to it, I only have the 1 computer anyway.

I'm tempted to add the activation server to allow it in my firewall and into the router to see if that works, but, and its a big but, I'd have to transfer my licence to it, then try it again, if it doesn't work I may have a problem activating again.

I should be OK to activate, is it worth taking the risk.

OK, as I can transfer the licence my system must be getting into the server, so why is the activating not successfull.?

Then, if I do it manually after I transfer the licence I can get the code, therefore it again appears I'm getting into the server.

And, I have no problems getting into any sites or whatever on the 'net.

It surely must be at the SAS end. Also, as more than 1 user has the problem that could strengthen that thought.

Is there a common denometer with us who has the problem ?

Netgear DG832 router with the latest firmware.

I'm in the UK. ADSL connection 2 mb speed

ASUS P5E mobo. NOT overclocked in any way.

Soundcard is the one supplied with the mobo, no, it separate and connects onto the mobo just like a purchased one.

nvidia 8800GTS

Vista x64

8gb Corsair ram.

Antec Trio 650 watts PSU

Intel 8500 Duo CPU

2 SATA II hard drives

SATA CD / DVD writer.

Logitech MX625 USB mouse.

And FireFox V3

thats all I can come up with.

The only commonalities (and its only partial) that I see is:

1. We are both on Vista; however, I am running Vista SP1 Business - 32 bit.

2. We are both on routers; however, I am running a Zywall 2+

3. We both have nVidia cards; however, I am running an 8800 GTX

I am on a Dell XPS410 with 2 Western Digital Raptors (Sata, 10000 rpm). Also I am using Avira Premium Security Suite V8.

I am able to manually activate SAS PRO too. I agree that this appears to be on the SAS end. As I said in a previous post, my other system which is XP-SP3 shows Lifetime License in SAS PRO...as it should.

I submitted a problem report; however, it appeared to have died, unsolved. Perhaps you could submit too.

I've just made a Customer request ticket, this is my second in a few weeks, I've not had a reply to the first one.

We'll see what happens.

BTW, I forgot the include this, I did not have SP1 installed, however, I installed it about 30 minutes ago.

I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit with nVidia GeForce 8600M. The "Lifetime Subscription Active" displays correctly on my system. I hope you can resolve it.

It "seems" to affect x64 only, any way, with the help of SAS it is resolved.