DooGie

Does SAS Free 1.4.1046 work with Firefox 2.0.0.14

I've lost track of which version of SAS started detecting Firefox tracking cookies.

Get the latest version 4.15.1000 and it will do what you want.

Tracking cookies are not detected in Firefox 3 yet though.

Do I only need to add the Firefox profile folder that includes the Firefox cookies, or do I need to add any other? as I was wondering about the Firefox temp internet files, or are they stored in the same folder as the Firefox cookies?

I know that when you have the cookies box ticked it checks automatically for the default windows folder that stores the cookies when using internet explorer.

:?

The latest version of SAS automatically scans the Firefox temporary internet files and cookies.

If you want to do a quick scan for just the above files then yes they are stored in the Firefox profile directory.

Well apart from you using the free version of SAS and me using the Pro I can only assume that you haven't got any tracking cookies on your system when you did that scan.

One of my own logs from a few days ago looks like this.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/14/2008 at 02:02 PM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3482

Trace Rules Database Version: 1473

Scan type : Quick Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:03:58

Memory items scanned : 293

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 344

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 6044

File threats detected : 0

Adware.Tracking Cookie

.kontera.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Dean\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\scbvda8i.doogies\cookies.txt ]

.kontera.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Dean\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\scbvda8i.doogies\cookies.txt ]

.adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Dean\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\scbvda8i.doogies\cookies.txt ]

.adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Dean\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\scbvda8i.doogies\cookies.txt ]

adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Dean\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\scbvda8i.doogies\cookies.txt ]

.apmebf.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Dean\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\scbvda8i.doogies\cookies.txt ]

Try going to here http://www.guru3d.com/ and stay on for a few minutes having a look round then do a scan with SAS and it should find some kontera.com cookies.

Don't worry the above site is safe, in fact it's one of my most visited.

Yes SAS checks the Firefox cache files.

I take it from the path to your Firefox\Profiles directory you are running Vista not XP?

Does it auto check them on the complete scan only? and or can they also get scanned when custom pointing the profile folder?

Yes they will get scanned when doing a custom scan which points to the profile folder.

I didn't think that anyone used Windows 98 anymore :shock: