Sign in to follow this  
Jones

Malware Protector 2008.lnk ?

Hi, during a quickscan I notice that the scanner stalls at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jon\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Malware Protector 2008.lnk

But when I look in that folder it only contain a systemfile called desktop.ini. So how come SAS finds something else?

I will be re-installing XP soon and that may fix the problem but I'm still curious to the above described stall.

It might be a hidden file that SAS can see, but you can't using Explorer unless you "View hidden files and folders".

It might be a hidden file that SAS can see, but you can't using Explorer unless you "View hidden files and folders".

It's not because with both hidden and system files shown, it's still not there. But thanks anyway :)

It's weird also that when I try to do a complete scan of my computer, then while running, and if I still use the computer i.e. opens other applications and sorts, SAS tends to just crash. It seems like I can never get through a complete scan without it stalling or crashing.

Unfortunately this sounds like something is terrible wrong with my computer.

Edit: This is so weird. Deleted the folder and SAS still finds both folder and .lnk and stalls at it.