EliteKiller

Why is SAS 4.15.1000 peak memory usage 110+MB?

XPP SP3

CPU usage peaks at 23%

Real-time is enabled, but I am not performing any scans

Looks like a memory leak....

saspromem2sf8.jpg

XPP SP3

CPU usage peaks at 23%

Real-time is enabled, but I am not performing any scans

Looks like a memory leak....

saspromem2sf8.jpg

If you started a huge program, or just enabled real-time memory usage and cpu usage can go up, but will simply drop off in a few seconds.

If you started a huge program, or just enabled real-time memory usage and cpu usage can go up, but will simply drop off in a few seconds.

Real-time prot. is always enabled. Firefox and Outlook are always open, and no new apps were opened in the last ~4 hours. I watched the memory/cpu spikes occur every second for several minutes (sitting idle), and the only way to rectify the issue was to close and reopen SAS. Now SAS is only using 648K of memory. I reported a similar issue in v3.9x back on Sept. 9, 2007.

Just so you know - our version 4.0 is much better at memory handling and you should not see that anymore - it will be out when it's ready :) Soon though

:)

-Nick

Real-time prot. is always enabled. Firefox and Outlook are always open, and no new apps were opened in the last ~4 hours. I watched the memory/cpu spikes occur every second for several minutes (sitting idle), and the only way to rectify the issue was to close and reopen SAS. Now SAS is only using 648K of memory. I reported a similar issue in v3.9x back on Sept. 9, 2007.

Just so you know - our version 4.0 is much better at memory handling and you should not see that anymore - it will be out when it's ready :) Soon though

:)

-Nick

If it happens again let us know - we have not had other reports of this with 4.x

And is the processor normal, too?

(My processor is a Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz).

Mike.

You will see processor use fluctuation with the real-time protection - remember, those % are and "instant in time" and not constant use.

If it happens again let us know - we have not had other reports of this with 4.x

You have now... I am having exactly the same problem.

Outlook running basically all the time, machine often sits idle for hours at a time, not doing any scans or anything else.

I have a CPU usage gadget running in side bar and core 1 of my Quad core often starts to bounce around from 5% up to 25% or anywhere in between. Superantispyware.exe is the culprit according to taskmanager.

When i open task manager the memory usage for SAS altenates every second from about 1 meg all the way up to some ridiculous figure, currently 78 Meg and then back to 1 meg . This repeats over and over again until i shut down and restart SAS at which point it runs ok for a day or so, then i will notice the same issue again.

The longer it runs for without me noticing it the more memory seems to get tied up in it, i have seen a figure of over 100Meg as above.

You have now... I am having exactly the same problem.

Outlook running basically all the time, machine often sits idle for hours at a time, not doing any scans or anything else.

I have a CPU usage gadget running in side bar and core 1 of my Quad core often starts to bounce around from 5% up to 25% or anywhere in between. Superantispyware.exe is the culprit according to taskmanager.

When i open task manager the memory usage for SAS altenates every second from about 1 meg all the way up to some ridiculous figure, currently 78 Meg and then back to 1 meg . This repeats over and over again until i shut down and restart SAS at which point it runs ok for a day or so, then i will notice the same issue again.

The longer it runs for without me noticing it the more memory seems to get tied up in it, i have seen a figure of over 100Meg as above.

What other security software are you running on your system?

Is this problem solved, because I have I problem that look like this one ?

Hello.

Yes I am using this ver.

Core. 3612

Trace. 1598

(10/29/2008)