Seth

Faster scan

If one wanted to assess a system in order to determine the severity of infection, then what's the best way to increase SAS's scan time? (Other than the "Quick Scan" and ignoring cookies).

Thanks.

If one wanted to assess a system in order to determine the severity of infection, then what's the best way to increase SAS's scan time? (Other than the "Quick Scan" and ignoring cookies).

Thanks.

If you only wish to scan a single, or set of folders, you can do so by using the Custom Scan option.

Thank you.

If I choose the Custom Scan, what would you recommend I uncheck for a faster assessment scan? Or would you recommend I just scan a few folders, and if so, which ones?

Thank you.

If I choose the Custom Scan, what would you recommend I uncheck for a faster assessment scan? Or would you recommend I just scan a few folders, and if so, which ones?

Getting a faster scan means scanning less, or less "deeply" - which can leave infections (if any are present). For "Critical/Quick" scanning, you can do a custom scan and scan Memory (Fast), Startup (Fast), and the Windows folder. If anything is "running" or "active" that should catch it. FYI - our next version is about 30-40% faster on scanning :)

I had an idea for a turbo scan . It would only scan active processes and loaded modules .

As incomplete as you could get but it would be extremely fast .

I had an idea for a turbo scan . It would only scan active processes and loaded modules .

As incomplete as you could get but it would be extremely fast .

Well, we may have a little suprise for you in our next release :) I can't say much now, but you will see in the next week.

Thank you.

Getting a faster scan means scanning less, or less "deeply" - which can leave infections (if any are present). For "Critical/Quick" scanning, you can do a custom scan and scan Memory (Fast), Startup (Fast), and the Windows folder. If anything is "running" or "active" that should catch it. FYI - our next version is about 30-40% faster on scanning :)

For assessment purposes, I think I'll just stick with the Fast Scan. It only takes 10-20 minutes, finds about as much as the full scan, and is fast considering the amount of Adware and Trojans that it finds.

30-40% faster? Now that's very interesting!

When this next version is released, are you going to explain (in general) how this increase was acheived?

BTW- Are you Nick?

Thank you.

For assessment purposes, I think I'll just stick with the Fast Scan. It only takes 10-20 minutes, finds about as much as the full scan, and is fast considering the amount of Adware and Trojans that it finds.

30-40% faster? Now that's very interesting!

When this next version is released, are you going to explain (in general) how this increase was acheived?

BTW- Are you Nick?

We should have a pre-release in the next week or two - after we have finished internal testing. I really can't go into how the speed increase is achieved, but it actually scans more and faster. :)

Yes, I am Nick :)