Anthony A

Update problem.

I currently have 4.1.1046 installed. It looks like this is the most up to date version but when starting the program I get a message that a new version is available. When I attempt to download it from the message like I always do for program updates I get a warning message telling me I need to stop scanning and close the main SAS window. I have no scan running when this happens whats going on? Here is a screen shot of the message.

t1075_20080605140909.jpg

I currently have 4.1.1046 installed. It looks like this is the most up to date version but when starting the program I get a message that a new version is available. When I attempt to download it from the message like I always do for program updates I get a warning message telling me I need to stop scanning and close the main SAS window. I have no scan running when this happens whats going on? Here is a screen shot of the message.

t1075_20080605140909.jpg

Have you tried exiting and re-starting SUPERAntiSpyware and right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon and select "Check for Updates" again?

I restarted the computer today and yes I shut down and restarted SAS.

Why is there an update notification in the first place I have the most update version don't I?

OK a little more info for you on this issue.

I have SAS set to check for program updates on start up. I also have it set to not show a SAS icon in the system tray. So when I launch SAS the notification that an update is available pops up with a link to the update. Usually when I click the link the update starts and completes no problem. Not this time for some reason. This is on 3 machines so it isn't a specific thing with a machine it is something with SAS.

What I did was go into SAS preferences and selected to show the tray icon. Than I restarted SAS and attempted to update from the tray icon context menu. The update went just fine. It appears something is messed up with updating from the pop pup notification on start up. I also went into preferences and selected check for updates from the update tab and it brings up the pop up notification but again when clicking on it I get the failed update and the error message I posted earlier.

I have SAS set to check for program updates on start up. I also have it set to not show a SAS icon in the system tray. So when I launch SAS the notification that an update is available pops up with a link to the update. Usually when I click the link the update starts and completes no problem. Not this time for some reason. This is on 3 machines so it isn't a specific thing with a machine it is something with SAS.

What I did was go into SAS preferences and selected to show the tray icon. Than I restarted SAS and attempted to update from the tray icon context menu. The update went just fine. It appears something is messed up with updating from the pop pup notification on start up. I also went into preferences and selected check for updates from the update tab and it brings up the pop up notification but again when clicking on it I get the failed update and the error message I posted earlier.

The issue is that if you don't have SAS set to be in the system tray, the UI is open - so the updater can't run.

The issue is that if you don't have SAS set to be in the system tray, the UI is open - so the updater can't run.

I have never had this issue before. I never set the SAS to be in the system tray and have always been able to update the program. This was the first time this happened so something is changed.

I have never had this issue before. I never set the SAS to be in the system tray and have always been able to update the program. This was the first time this happened so something is changed.

This update requires the UI to be closed, that's why there is an issue. You can uninstall and re-install if you like or you can run it in the tray to do the update.

This update requires the UI to be closed, that's why there is an issue. You can uninstall and re-install if you like or you can run it in the tray to do the update.

Is there something special about this particular update that requires the use of the system tray icon? Is this a one time thing with this update or is it going to be the way it has to be done from now on?

t1075_20080605140909.jpg

Have you tried exiting and re-starting SUPERAntiSpyware and right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon and select "Check for Updates" again?

This exact problem is happening to my daughter's computer. It only started doing this a few days ago. It is not happening to my computer.

i am seeing the same problem on 6 computers running xp sp2 or 3.

The icon is in the system tray. and it is checked in Preferences.

the box pops up to do the updater and when you click on it- it is showing the exact same error message and the program is not open nor is it doing a scan.

Try to right click on the icon and click "check for updates". Same error msg happens.

I did not see this happen in version 4.0

robin

i am seeing the same problem on 6 computers running xp sp2 or 3.

The icon is in the system tray. and it is checked in Preferences.

the box pops up to do the updater and when you click on it- it is showing the exact same error message and the program is not open nor is it doing a scan.

Try to right click on the icon and click "check for updates". Same error msg happens.

I did not see this happen in version 4.0

robin

I'm not sure why yours didn't work. I did the instructions above to make my daughter's computer work.

I checked the box to place the icon near the clock, then I closed down and restarted the SAS so the icon would appear. Then I closed down the SAS again. I then right clicked on the icon to dl/install the update. That worked for my daughter's computer.

My computer, if there is a difference, has a new install. So I didn't have the problem, or I haven't yet. My hard drive failed last week, so I install all my programs using a new install instead of my older backups.

Also, I have Pro and my daughter has Home.

I had the same issue, and in other versions it was never a problem.

I shut down the program, then went to the website and downloaded it.

Bit of a pain, when it used to just do it without a problem!