SUPERAntiSpy

Updating to 4.15.1000 Problem

Hi,

I'm running Vista Prem. and while attempting to update I get the error below. :( I'm updating with Admin rights and am not running a scan.

1269ys8.jpg

Thanks.

Restart and try again. Or Uninstall and download the new update.

i got a similar problem with the update on xp sp3. It told me to stop the scan which i was not running before installing. I closed superantispyware- reopened it and tried again and that time it worked.

I will test tomorrow on Vista to see what happens

robin

Windows XP Home and Service Pack 3

We'll check it out here as well - we have done lots of testing on SP3 with no issues - we'll find out what's going on.

Getting the same problem as the others (Win98SE), a previous update went fine. This time I close the main window, nothing happens, even after many repeats. Thanks.

Getting the same problem as the others (Win98SE), a previous update went fine. This time I close the main window, nothing happens, even after many repeats. Thanks.

I would suggest unintalling and re-installing. Not sure what on the system is blocking the update. What exact message are you getting?

Same box like those above. After I click on the icon to open SAS, the program comes up, then in the bottom right of the screen a smaller box comes up giving me the choice to either download + install the update or continue then update later. If I choose to download + install, that's when the error window that all the others are getting comes up, so I click "ok", then close the SAS main window, then nothing happens. Repeat this 5 or 6 times, still nothing happens. Thanks.

on my possesed vista I had no problem but on my good xp pro sp3 I had the same problem.

I also just received an email from a client getting the same problem, asking to stop scanning and close the program before installing the update. He closes the program but now he cannot do the update.

robin

hmmm i just received another email from another client who has the free version and it is doing the same thing only he has 4.106 version, the one prior to the the 4.15.

when opening the program manually it is telling him there is an update. He clicks on the popup box and it now tells him he has to stop scanning and close the program before updating.

Problem with this is if you close the program you cannot update.

I am going to uninstall it using the uninstaller and see if this fixes it.

Oh he is running xp home sp2

robin

I had this same issue. I have a 3 user license, and on the other two pc's that I have SAS on, it runs in the background except for my pc. This same error came up while trying to update it after I manually started the program.

The solution is to select SAS from your START menu. It will run in the tray and you should be able to update it. At least that is what I did and it worked. The other 2 pc's in my house have it running in the background, and those machines updated with no problem.

I can confirm that not having the SAS icon in the system tray seems to be the cause of SAS not being able to update. After enabling this start up option, the update went on without problems. I don't normally use this option since I only do on demand scans and don't need SAS running all the time. I did not have this problem with previous versions of SAS when updating to new versions.

Al

I can confirm that not having the SAS icon in the system tray seems to be the cause of SAS not being able to update. After enabling this start up option, the update went on without problems. I don't normally use this option since I only do on demand scans and don't need SAS running all the time. I did not have this problem with previous versions of SAS when updating to new versions.

Al

We are aware of the issue and will resolve it in the next release - we apologize for any inconvenience!