dellyfry

Invalid Startup Entries

I've noticed that anywhere from occasionally to often, that SUPERAntiSpyware will not remove some trace startup entries even though the files themselves are gone (even because of SUPERAntiSpyware). I think a good feature would be to check for invalid startup entries/services during the scan and/or after it, giving the user to remove these invalid links.

Not essential but it would help keep the startup area tidy and less prone to errors. :)

I have seen this quite a few times too and it is as a result of SAS nuking the actual infections :lol:

But using HJT as post clean diagnostic tool some 04,20,21 remain for start up entries.

It also lists registry entries for toolbars,bhos and activeX although the files have been removed.Reported by HJT as (file missing).

Also in addition malware created folders remain although the active infection is stopped and vaped but for example take an adware install the folder and uninstaller,icons remain although the dll's,exe's have been expunged.

Just for the record i am perfectly satisfied with a software that nails the active infection but i can see some folks requiring a more thorough cleanup despite the malware being nailed :wink:

HTH :)

fatdcuk,

Just for the record i am perfectly satisfied with a software that nails the active infection

I concur with that sentiment. Most important is to remove the active infection. Thorough cleanup is ideal but I can see where that would require potentially larger definition files and more time to produce them. I am very satisfied with the way SAS handles things.

I feel that checking for invalid startups, or even shortcuts on the desktop, would help easily reduce some of the clutter after removal and perhaps not require a lot of effort on SAS developers.