MikeV

Super AntiSpyware and System Resources

I run a very system resource hungry application called Clarion, a database 3GL. I have been running this App in one form or other since 1994.

After I had installed Super AntiSpyware everything seemed to be running VERY slowly.

I checked with Task Manager and after a little experimenting I found that having started Super AntiSpyware it was using an "Average" of 30% of the CPU all the time with frequent bursts to 90-100%.

The problem is so serious that I have had to stop running Super AntiSpyware when I am working on my database stuff.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?

Regards

MikeV

I run a very system resource hungry application called Clarion, a database 3GL. I have been running this App in one form or other since 1994.

After I had installed Super AntiSpyware everything seemed to be running VERY slowly.

I checked with Task Manager and after a little experimenting I found that having started Super AntiSpyware it was using an "Average" of 30% of the CPU all the time with frequent bursts to 90-100%.

The problem is so serious that I have had to stop running Super AntiSpyware when I am working on my database stuff.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?

Regards

MikeV

What other security applications are you running?

Avast Antivirus and the usual microsoft stuff in Windows XP pro.

Regards Mike

1) What version of SUPERAntiSpyware?

2) What XP service pack?

3) Is real-time protection enabled?

4) Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

Thanks for your continuing help.

I am running version 4.1.1046

Windows XP Pro SP3

Real Time protection is enabled

Yes I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1808 Mhz (64Bit)

2Gb RAM

It would appear that RealTime Protection causes the processor to become more occupied. About 30% but the reinstallation does seem to have helped.

Compiling my database software does take about 30% longer when Super Antispyware is running (After reinstallation).

Regards

Mike

Thanks for your continuing help.

I am running version 4.1.1046

Windows XP Pro SP3

Real Time protection is enabled

Yes I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1808 Mhz (64Bit)

2Gb RAM

It would appear that RealTime Protection causes the processor to become more occupied. About 30% but the reinstallation does seem to have helped.

Compiling my database software does take about 30% longer when Super Antispyware is running (After reinstallation).

Regards

Mike

Does the database software launch lots of processes? That's the only thing the real-time would be scanning.

The 30% increase in CPU activity occurs whether my database software is running or not.

As far as I can see there is only one identifiable process running when I have my database 3GL running.

Regards

Mike