kelly

Auto-updating SAS Pro

When SAS Pro updates, a window pops up in the bottom right corner. You have to manually click on the window to download & install the update. Is there a setting that will allow the update to proceed without user intervention?

The problem is that I have a blind customer. She uses JAWS for her screen reader. When I was at her place the other day, I noticed the SAS update window was just sitting there. She doesn't realize when the SAS window pops up. It would be nice if no user action was required to do the update.

We could probably look at some way of automating that I'm sure if you really need it to be done, until such time as SAS offers a method that would support disabled users.

When SAS Pro updates, a window pops up in the bottom right corner. You have to manually click on the window to download & install the update. Is there a setting that will allow the update to proceed without user intervention?

The problem is that I have a blind customer. She uses JAWS for her screen reader. When I was at her place the other day, I noticed the SAS update window was just sitting there. She doesn't realize when the SAS window pops up. It would be nice if no user action was required to do the update.

If a screen reader was active, it should have shown a regular dialog box.

Good point.

I'm not familiar with that type of software, but is it possible that the reader is seeing the sas prompt as a "popup" and ignoring it? If so, you should be able to fix that through the readers options.