Lusitano

Potential new user questions

Hello to all community.

As a current Ad-Aware Free user I found out that it cannot compete with other anti-spyware software. I'm still deciding which software I will use for on-demand scanning only (no realtime protection) to replace Ad-Aware for good, but before installing it would like to know if the free version does use any service or driver like Ad-Aware always consuming system resources (even if little resources) when not using realtime protection?

Thanks in advance.

Hello to all community.

As a current Ad-Aware Free user I found out that it cannot compete with other anti-spyware software. I'm still deciding which software I will use for on-demand scanning only (no realtime protection) to replace Ad-Aware for good, but before installing it would like to know if the free version does use any service or driver like Ad-Aware always consuming system resources (even if little resources) when not using realtime protection?

Thanks in advance.

SUPERAntiSpyware does not use a service that is always loaded - if you are not running the scan, no resources are used. It is advised that you keep the scanning resident because if you do become infected, many infections try to block scanners from being installed or run - if SUPERAntiSpyware is ready in the system tray, it will protect itself and be available for immediate scanning.

and to add to that, I took ad aware 2007 off all my clients computers because it was crashing them pitifully and used lots of memory.

Adaware se was a great program and they should have enhanced it not make it worse, but oh well.

Superantispyware is on all my clients computers, either the pro or the free.

It uses very little memory, works great on vista and xp (both sp2 &3) and catches nasty things that the other programs do not find.

I personally like the Pro because you can set up a scheduled scan and do not have to remember to run a manual scan. Most of my clients have very busy lives and they do not have the time to remember to run scans and being that the program doesn't cost a fortune it was worth it for them (as i advised) to purchase the pro version.

robin