I_Hate_Malware

yet another "update -> army of results" thing.

I am posting this here because although I've seen other threads about it and the explanation, it still seems suspicious to me.

here comes the log:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/22/2008 at 02:24 AM

Application Version : 4.1.1046

Core Rules Database Version : 3466

Trace Rules Database Version: 1457

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:49:45

<<< LOG CLIPPED BECAUSE OF SIZE>>

now, as per other such threads, none of these things exist on my system.

I find it very odd that a driver not being loaded would cause the program to see hundreds of things that are not there.

if I may be indulged here, I would appreciate a more indepth explanation of how this driver problem leads to the scan results above. it can be handled in PMs if desired. after fighting with malware for the past several years, I've grown more than a little paranoid.

I am posting this here because although I've seen other threads about it and the explanation, it still seems suspicious to me.

here comes the log:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/22/2008 at 02:24 AM

Application Version : 4.1.1046

Core Rules Database Version : 3466

Trace Rules Database Version: 1457

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:49:45

>

now, as per other such threads, none of these things exist on my system.

I find it very odd that a driver not being loaded would cause the program to see hundreds of things that are not there.

if I may be indulged here, I would appreciate a more indepth explanation of how this driver problem leads to the scan results above. it can be handled in PMs if desired. after fighting with malware for the past several years, I've grown more than a little paranoid.

It only happens on Fat32 drives that are using our old driver, and the reboot was not done after the update to the 4.1 driver. I can't go into the details due to the proprietary nature of our drivers.

NO harm is caused, nothing is erased or written to the drive.