mhl

Problem with 4.1.1046

Have just updated 4 PCs to SAS 4.1.1046. Three are OK but on the fourth, when I run a SUPERAntispyware scan it stalls when scanning .dat files in

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\. At first I thought it was just Mozilla\Firefox\pluginreg.dat but, after moving that file temporarily, I find the same happens with other .dat files. The timer is still clocking up the minutes, but SAS is no longer scanning. I have to terminate the process within Task Manager. What makes it even stranger is that the scan stalls on the .dat files of only one user: equivalent .dat files exist for the other users, and the SAS scan flies through them OK.

Any suggestions?

Tech support, could you PLEASE follow up by posting the solution to this problem HERE??? Helping the other person is great for them, but there are lots of others out here having the same problem, and we would greatly appreciate being able to read the solution here without having to go to the trouble of creating a ticket.

Tech support, could you PLEASE follow up by posting the solution to this problem HERE??? Helping the other person is great for them, but there are lots of others out here having the same problem, and we would greatly appreciate being able to read the solution here without having to go to the trouble of creating a ticket.

It is likley a situation with our DDA (Direct Disk Access) - once it is resolved, we will update the product with the solution.

May a member of our development team contact you as well?

yes you are welcome to contact me. I have currently have to stop the SAS scan and am running some other utilities as we need to get this computer fixed. If there is anyway we are able to help you we would be glad to try.

Have just updated 4 PCs to SAS 4.1.1046. Three are OK but on the fourth, when I run a SUPERAntispyware scan it stalls when scanning .dat files in

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\. At first I thought it was just Mozilla\Firefox\pluginreg.dat but, after moving that file temporarily, I find the same happens with other .dat files. The timer is still clocking up the minutes, but SAS is no longer scanning. I have to terminate the process within Task Manager. What makes it even stranger is that the scan stalls on the .dat files of only one user: equivalent .dat files exist for the other users, and the SAS scan flies through them OK.

Any suggestions?

I have the exact same problem with the new version. Its hanging on "compreg.dat" and will not continue with the scan.

Any suggestions?

I have the exact same problem with the new version. Its hanging on "compreg.dat" and will not continue with the scan.

If you uncheck the DDA (Direct Disk Access) on the Scanning Control Preferences, does the scan complete?

If you uncheck the DDA (Direct Disk Access) on the Scanning Control Preferences, does the scan complete?
YES, that fixed it by un-checking that option. Thanks

I was also trying to figure out how to add items to the "Manage Allowed Items" window, but I guess that only works when you perform a scan and then select allow.