Arkzaps

Trojan downloader-LongJump & VS Toolbar?

Two days ago i connected via LogMeIn with a friend whose computer needed a lot of cleaning ;due to someone hitting the wireless modem at his home the connection suddenly vanished and i had the 'sensation' the pc was kind of damaged as if the wire had gone off.

Yesterday i wanted to install an upgraded program(BOClean),uninstall worked fine,but when i installed it the traybar icon wouldnt show up no matter what i did, so i had a look at msconfig and found only 3 of 6-8 program entries were there.

Tried to reinstall my antivirus Avast! and same thing happened:half of the program working,no icon in systemtray.

In the meantime i had run also my other security programs(TrojanRemover,AdAware,SpyBot,CWS,ADS) and none found anything spyware wise.

When i ran Superantispyware i had a shock:

it listed

Trojan.Downloade-LongJump 501 items

and

Trojan.Downloader-VS Toolbar 161 items

both have countless Files,Memory Processes,Registry Keys.

I proceeded to delete,but wasnt allowed to because:

'The instruction "0x7c920c27" referred to memory

"0x00a2f1ad".Memory could not be "read" '

No other scan detects anything and the files point to each downloaded file in my pc,practically all the OS,which seems unlikely and makes me think about a FP.

Undoubtedly i have had a damage at StartUp and i am now unable to properly install programs....but this could be on account of something more ordinary.....

I hope Nick can tell me something today before i have to reinstall......

thanks, Arkzaps

Edit-forgot to mention i had tried and uninstalled a few days ago the iranian HIPS Neoava.

Two days ago i connected via LogMeIn with a friend whose computer needed a lot of cleaning ;due to someone hitting the wireless modem at his home the connection suddenly vanished and i had the 'sensation' the pc was kind of damaged as if the wire had gone off.

Yesterday i wanted to install an upgraded program(BOClean),uninstall worked fine,but when i installed it the traybar icon wouldnt show up no matter what i did, so i had a look at msconfig and found only 3 of 6-8 program entries were there.

Tried to reinstall my antivirus Avast! and same thing happened:half of the program working,no icon in systemtray.

In the meantime i had run also my other security programs(TrojanRemover,AdAware,SpyBot,CWS,ADS) and none found anything spyware wise.

When i ran Superantispyware i had a shock:

it listed

Trojan.Downloade-LongJump 501 items

and

Trojan.Downloader-VS Toolbar 161 items

both have countless Files,Memory Processes,Registry Keys.

I proceeded to delete,but wasnt allowed to because:

'The instruction "0x7c920c27" referred to memory

"0x00a2f1ad".Memory could not be "read" '

No other scan detects anything and the files point to each downloaded file in my pc,practically all the OS,which seems unlikely and makes me think about a FP.

Undoubtedly i have had a damage at StartUp and i am now unable to properly install programs....but this could be on account of something more ordinary.....

I hope Nick can tell me something today before i have to reinstall......

thanks, Arkzaps

Edit-forgot to mention i had tried and uninstalled a few days ago the iranian HIPS Neoava.

Any files removed by SUPERAntiSpyware can be restored via the Quarantine. Make sure you are using our 3.2.1028 version of the software, with the latest definition set.

Problem solved. I updated to the last available version and it found-as i expected-nothing at all.

Thanks.