btcomm

Where does superantispyware store the quarantined files?

It found a trojan dropper basemre32.dll, it said it needed to reboot to get rid of it and when it did the computer boots to a stop blue screen saying it can't find basemre32. I tried putting an empty file basemre32.dll in system32 and it told me it was not a valid image.

I want to boot off of bartpe and put the file back.

It found a trojan dropper basemre32.dll, it said it needed to reboot to get rid of it and when it did the computer boots to a stop blue screen saying it can't find basemre32. I tried putting an empty file basemre32.dll in system32 and it told me it was not a valid image.

I want to boot off of bartpe and put the file back.

The quarantined files are under the Application Data folder - if you want to send it to me, I can extract the file for you and send it back.

Those infections try and replace the Windows GINA, or other startup components - we are working on a solution.

You can also often boot to a Command Prompt, then start explorer.exe and t hen reboot and it resolves the issue.

Ok, I actually was able to get the file back, so I put it back and the computer boots, but I will try removing it again and see if I can launch explorer from a command prompt.

Hmmm, when you say boot to a command prompt are you talking about safe mode with command prompt? Once removed I can't get that to work either.

Or are you talking about booting off windows cd and launching explorer from recovery console?

Or is there another way to boot with a command prompt I'm not trying?

No matter what way I try to boot the computer, it goes to that stop blue screen where I can do nothing.

I used SUPERAntiSpyware.com to handle this same trojan. Now I can not boot my machine from any perspective (normal, safe mode, cmd prompt). How do I recover the two files I need?