Erik

Safe Mode.

Hi.

I'm not able to run SuperAntiSpyware from safe mode. Can it run in safe mode?

SUPERAntiSpyware will run in safe mode. You may need to navigate to the Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware folder and double-click the SUPERANTISPWYARE icon.

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to run the free version on three separate computers with Win XP Home SP2. Either from the dektop icon, or through the "Programs" icon, all I get in Safe Mode is:

"The Windows installer could not be accessed..."

You are confusing install with run .

SAS can't be installed from safe mode (this needs to be corrected BTW) but scans for malware just fine from safemode .

There are many times that the only mode that can be accessed is safemode and being able to install , update and scan from there is a huge asset . (safemode with networking that is)

Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm not confusing the installer with the installed program.

Erik - you must NAVIGATE/OPEN the folder c:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware and then run the SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from that folder by double-clicking on it - it will work that way.

Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm not confusing the installer with the installed program.

Erik - you must NAVIGATE/OPEN the folder c:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware and then run the SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from that folder by double-clicking on it - it will work that way.

Yup, that did it.

Thanks.

Now, considering many people will prefer to run a scanner from Safe Mode, shouldn't this be more known?

Also, why is it every other scanner I've tried can be run in Safe Mode directly from the desktop shortcut but not SAS?

BTW-Congratulations on a superior product.

If you run SuperAntiSpyware in "safe-Mode" with networking..you will/should still have the program icon on your desktop..you do not have to be connected to the internet to run this safe mode option.