Louisaz

Malware?! Win32.backdoor.SDBot

:shock:

The latest version of Ad Aware has discovered and apparently removed the (presumed) malware: Win32.backdoor.SDBot.

I run several anti-spyware/malware programs frequently in addition to Avast, Sypbot S&D, Spyware Blaster, ewido on-line scan and Spyware Terminator. SUPERAntiSpyware and none of the above have detected this -- only the most current version of Ad Aware.

I suspect it is a false positive. Perhaps not. What do you know about this malware?

Thanks,

Louis

:shock:

The latest version of Ad Aware has discovered and apparently removed the (presumed) malware: Win32.backdoor.SDBot.

I run several anti-spyware/malware programs frequently in addition to Avast, Sypbot S&D, Spyware Blaster, ewido on-line scan and Spyware Terminator. SUPERAntiSpyware and none of the above have detected this -- only the most current version of Ad Aware.

I suspect it is a false positive. Perhaps not. What do you know about this malware?

Thanks,

Louis

What file or key is it detecting (exactly)?

As it turns out, the second time Ad Aware found it, I quarantined it and deleted it. It has not returned.

I don't know exactly where it resided. I did not save that info.

What do you know about the alleged malware? Anything?

It is gone from my PC and it was never discovered by your software or ANY of the others I use to protect my computer.

I wonder....

Lou

As it turns out, the second time Ad Aware found it, I quarantined it and deleted it. It has not returned.

I don't know exactly where it resided. I did not save that info.

What do you know about the alleged malware? Anything?

It is gone from my PC and it was never discovered by your software or ANY of the others I use to protect my computer.

I wonder....

Lou

Paste the scan log from Ad-Aware here - it could have been a simple trace, or a false-positive.