nosirrah

Prefetch folder

I always clean up all the temp files first before scanning with the anti-virus program or SAS. It just makes the scanning process go much faster.

Use ATF Cleaner. Get it here. It cleans the major 3 browsers, Windows Temp folders, Prefetch files, and Java cache. It saves time. :)

I always clean up all the temp files first before scanning with the anti-virus program or SAS. It just makes the scanning process go much faster.

Use ATF Cleaner. Get it here. It cleans the major 3 browsers, Windows Temp folders, Prefetch files, and Java cache. It saves time. :)

No offense but I do this for a living . I am trying to help improve SAS . I always nuke the hiberfil.sys , pagefile.sys , prefetch , temp and internet folders before I clean up my own machine (I also do this from a second machine so nothing resists being deleted) . It is unlikely that the average customer will know to dump the prefetch folder before starting a cleanup so that is why I mentioned it .

I am still having problems with files in the prefetch folder . SAS seems to be taking about 1 minute a piece to get through some of them .

I will look into this - we have not had really any reports of this - is there any additional data you can provide?

No offense but I do this for a living 

So do I....No offense. :D

On the same subject , have you tried cleanup! ? A lot of people give it the thumbs down for being to aggressive . I have used the newest version on several occasions and on several machines and have never had a problem after cleanup! was done . I have started making clones of problem drives to test different products against real world messed up machines . This is how I have tested cleanup! . Some of my best techniques for restoring windows systems have come from messing around with cloned customers hard drives . There is no such thing as to aggressive when you are doing this .

What kind of tech work do you do BTW ?