danish

AVG Free 8.0 with SUPERAntiSpyware

Hi, I'm a satisfied SAS Pro user and have a question concerning AVG Free 8.0 which was released recently. The thing is, that with the new version of AVG Free, an anti-spyware module has been included and I would assume having that and SAS running at the same time would be overkill and probably slow down the system. So which to choose? Would of course say SAS, but it would be interesting to hear if anyone has some stats on how they compare... result-wise (if such a word exists) ;)

/danish

Hi, I'm a satisfied SAS Pro user and have a question concerning AVG Free 8.0 which was released recently. The thing is, that with the new version of AVG Free, an anti-spyware module has been included and I would assume having that and SAS running at the same time would be overkill and probably slow down the system. So which to choose? Would of course say SAS, but it would be interesting to hear if anyone has some stats on how they compare... result-wise (if such a word exists) ;)

/danish

I would choose both. No product can catch everything on a given day - that's the bottom line - so the more layers the better. SUPERAntiSpyware will work fine with AVG.

I Was running AVG7.5 on demand and SAS real time until AVG decided to do away with the anti-spyware in favor of a suite. I wouldn't run 2 antispywares real time because they will be fighting each other, and I'm certainly not going to put SAS off as an on demand app. I uninstalled the AVG7.5 and installed a free on demand antispyware called Malwarebytes Antispyware, and continue to run SAS real time. :wink:

They actually won't conflict or compete at all - SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to co-exist with other anti-spyware and anti-virus applications.

They actually won't conflict or compete at all - SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to co-exist with other anti-spyware and anti-virus applications.

Sweet :wink: