mike33

scaning files

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question,when i right click on a NDS game file that I have downloaded,SAS says no harmful threats found,but it has not scanned it.It says,files scanned 0.My question is,if something bad ( that SAS could detect ) was bundled in with the file,would SAS find it.Or would SAS simply not be able to scan it.Thanks

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question,when i right click on a NDS game file that I have downloaded,SAS says no harmful threats found,but it has not scanned it.It says,files scanned 0.My question is,if something bad ( that SAS could detect ) was bundled in with the file,would SAS find it.Or would SAS simply not be able to scan it.Thanks

How large is the file? Is it executable?

The files vary, from 8mb to 128mb.Actually, the 8mb file shows 1 file scanned,anything larger,shows 0 files scanned.No they are not executable files.In preferences, i have ' ignore files larger than 4mb' unchecked.Also 'scan only known file types ' unchecked.Thanks for the reply

The files vary, from 8mb to 128mb.Actually, the 8mb file shows 1 file scanned,anything larger,shows 0 files scanned.No they are not executable files.In preferences, i have ' ignore files larger than 4mb' unchecked.Also 'scan only known file types ' unchecked.Thanks for the reply

Files that large (128mb) will not be scanned as none of our rules would deal with a file that large, so we don't process it as there is nothing to detect.

I understand when you say that SAS cannot scan big files, what do you mean,when you say there is nothing to detect.Do you mean SAS could miss something bad, or because the file is so big it must be clean.Sorry for not understanding your reply

I understand when you say that SAS cannot scan big files, what do you mean,when you say there is nothing to detect.Do you mean SAS could miss something bad, or because the file is so big it must be clean.Sorry for not understanding your reply

The file won't match any characteristics of spyware - so thus it won't be scanned internally.