mndfl

Exception Processing Message C0000013

I installed SAS about 3 or 4 months ago on my home computer. I liked it so well, that I also installed it on both of my parents' computers.

For the past 3 or 4 months, I've loved the product. However, about 2 weeks ago, I started receiving the following message:

Windows - No Disk

Exception Processing Message C0000013

I've Googled this error message and it seems that hundreds (if not thousands) of people are receiving this same error. It happens with a variety of programs - not just SAS.

About the time that I received the error, my mom's computer also started getting it. It happens regardless of whether you are doing a Quick or a Complete File scan.

The error message pops up and completely stops the scan until you click the Cancel button. About 30 seconds later, the error message pops up again and you have to click the Cancel button. The scan will then finish.

On Dad's computer, he can't even check for updates. When he tries to check for updates, he gets some sort of Windows error reporting message and SAS locks up his computer completely, requiring a reboot.

I find it odd that 3 computers (located in different cities) are getting these error messages. All 3 computers are running XP Service Pack 2.

At one point, Norton Antivirus was installed on all 3 computers, but it was uninstalled over a year ago. I don't see how that could be the problem, since as I said, SAS worked fine for the past 3 or 4 months.

I'm no computer guru, but I'm wondering if a Windows automatic update could have caused this? I don't know what a card reader is, so I don't think any of these computers has one.

I'm not computer literate enough to change drive locations or edit Registry Files as some people on other Forums have suggested. Has anyone else found a simple fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance!