Sign in to follow this  
Nightcap

'First Chance Prevention' check boxes grayed out in Vista

Since last week I'm a Vista Home Premium user and of course SAS Pro was one of the first things that I installed. :)

When configuring the settings I noticed that the 'First Chance Prevention' check boxes on the 'Scanning Control' tab are all grayed out. The first three do have check marks though, but the 'Scan system services' does not. This left me wondering if this defaults to Vista or could there be another reason?

The only protection for now, besides SAS, are the Windows firewall and Windows defender.

I tried to look for an answer on the forum, it may have been discussed earlier, but I was unable to find anything related.

Nightcap

Thanks for finding the post EliteKiller, that's all I wanted to know.

Although I read the forum every day, I wasn't prepared for the sudden and forced switch to Vista. A lesson learned: also carefully read the posts that deal with things that may seem far beyond your current needs. ;)

for vista you really should concider a realtime av even if its a free one like avast.

Thanks for your concern lodore1000. I'm still quite busy tweaking Vista to my needs and virus protection is one of the many things on the list.