Rainwalker

Update Question

Not all, but much of the time whenever i receive an update i will see the progress bar appear within the update window and load. After the bar is finished loading another update window/progress bar will appear and begin to load. It will reach about the half way mark when it will close. This usually results in no popup window showing the updated list. Anyone else seeing this ?

Not all, but much of the time whenever i receive an update i will see the progress bar appear within the update window and load. After the bar is finished loading another update window/progress bar will appear and begin to load. It will reach about the half way mark when it will close. This usually results in no popup window showing the updated list. Anyone else seeing this ?

Are you on dial-up or broadband?

Are you on dial-up or broadband?

broadband

How often would you say this happens? Are you through a proxy? Can you provide some details on your system, connection and other security software?

How often would you say this happens? Are you through a proxy? Can you provide some details on your system, connection and other security software?

It happens most of the time. As far as i am aware i am not on a proxy. I would rather not give info on my security.

Sure, not on this forum, but as a pm? I am sure he is just doing his work and is doing a great job :lol:

Sure, not on this forum, but as a pm? I am sure he is just doing his work and is doing a great job :lol:

Nick...have you heard of the activity i mentioned ? If so, how was the problem resolved ?

Nick...have you heard of the activity i mentioned ? If so, how was the problem resolved ?

We have not had any reports that I know of, that's why I am curious as to the other software you have installed.

We have not had any reports that I know of, that's why I am curious as to the other software you have installed.

Nothing special..just some basic stuff many others are using.

Nothing special..just some basic stuff many others are using.

If you are unwilling to list the security applications you are using, and give any details - it's going to be hard to try and assist you here - revealing what security applications you are running does not compromise anything on your system.

The names will not reveal anything about your settings

or your basic day to day useage dude :D

"Dude" ?

Hayc59 is simply saying what I said, meaning, you are not compromising anything be revealing what you are running.

Rainwalker: With your concerns, why not submit a customer servive request and we can assist you in Private. :)

I think I understand what Rainmaker is seeing....I see it also. I choose to update manually. I think the progress bar repeats, because first it downloads the main defs, then queries the server, and then launches a fresh progress bar for the trace elements. That is my understanding......let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree! :D

PS - I saw your post in Wilders, too! - http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207039

I DO update manually. Curious that this has not been seen/noted before; if indeed this is causing me to see what i am seeing. As far as my security, again i would say that what i have in place many users of SAS also have in place. Tarnak, are you also, on occasion, not seeing the popup def window when you update manually ?

I think I understand what Rainmaker is seeing....I see it also. I choose to update manually. I think the progress bar repeats, because first it downloads the main defs, then queries the server, and then launches a fresh progress bar for the trace elements. That is my understanding......let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree! :D

PS - I saw your post in Wilders, too! - http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207039

I DO update manually. Curious that this has not been seen/noted before; if indeed this is causing me to see what i am seeing. As far as my security, again i would say that what i have in place many users of SAS also have in place. Tarnak, are you also, on occasion, not seeing the popup def window when you update manually ?

If you are going to not reveal what's on your system, we simply can't help you - we are not going to try and debug this blindly. If you want assistance you need to provide us the information that allows us to assist you - I am not trying to be rude, but this is wasting lots of time for everyone by you not providing ANY detailed information.

If you want to do this in private, submit a support a support ticket here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

If you are going to not reveal what's on your system, we simply can't help you - we are not going to try and debug this blindly. If you want assistance you need to provide us the information that allows us to assist you - I am not trying to be rude, but this is wasting lots of time for everyone by you not providing ANY detailed information.

I feel i have a right to post what i posted without receiving a comment like " wasting lots of time for everyone by you not providing ANY detailed information".

If i am wasting the time of others then i am sure they will simply ignore me. Seemingly i am not wasting Tarnak's time. The information he/she provided was potentially helpful.

I feel i have a right to post what i posted without receiving a comment like " wasting lots of time for everyone by you not providing ANY detailed information".

If i am wasting the time of others then i am sure they will simply ignore me. Seemingly i am not wasting Tarnak's time. The information he/she provided was potentially helpful.

My point is - you are not giving us ANY information to help you. Why won't you submit a private support ticket, we can run a diagnostic and see what might be causing the problem - are you really interested in a solution?

We believe in SOLUTIONS - we HELP people promptly - to accomplish this, we need INFORMATION so we can SOLVE the problem.

Why won't you provide what security applications you are running? I already know your IP, e-mail, user name, location, operating system, browser, etc. - surely telling us you are running NOD32, or Avast, or SpySweeper is not revealing anything critical......