Diane P.

Real Time Protection Issue-Flash based malware

I jumped over to to the FAQ and checked out the write-up on what Real Time Protection does...."scans key points of your registry to ensure that spyware has not hooked itself into your browser".

In the Livingston newsletter, Windows Secrets, I received this morning, it talks about flashed based malware becoming more and more of a serious issue.

My question is whether or not SAS offers protection against such threats. I have the full version and latest updated defs, but I would like to know if my software is looking for such nasties.

Thanks for your help, a great piece of software and the very timely support offered here.

Diane

I jumped over to to the FAQ and checked out the write-up on what Real Time Protection does...."scans key points of your registry to ensure that spyware has not hooked itself into your browser".

In the Livingston newsletter, Windows Secrets, I received this morning, it talks about flashed based malware becoming more and more of a serious issue.

My question is whether or not SAS offers protection against such threats. I have the full version and latest updated defs, but I would like to know if my software is looking for such nasties.

Thanks for your help, a great piece of software and the very timely support offered here.

Diane

The software (infection) has to execute so we would detect it provided we have definitions or heuristics that block those threats.