SAS-fan

Scans taking forever on Windows XP system

SAS has been lightning fast on my vista sytem. Full system scans have been taking less that 20 minutes (though last nights took 40 minutes for some reason). However, for more than the last month full system scans on my XP system have been taking well over an hour. The last few days scans have taken 2+ hours.

Any idea what the problem could the problem be?

SAS has been lightning fast on my vista sytem. Full system scans have been taking less that 20 minutes (though last nights took 40 minutes for some reason). However, for more than the last month full system scans on my XP system have been taking well over an hour. The last few days scans have taken 2+ hours.

Any idea what the problem could the problem be?

What has changed on the system? Are you running any new security software or did you change any program scanning control options?

Pretty much all the same software: Antivir, Sandboxie, Zone Alarm, and SAS. All products I believe have receive updates in the last month.

Still 1.5-2 hour scans on a relatively fast system seems abnormal. I can't seem to figure out what has changed.

Pretty much all the same software: Antivir, Sandboxie, Zone Alarm, and SAS. All products I believe have receive updates in the last month.

Still 1.5-2 hour scans on a relatively fast system seems abnormal. I can't seem to figure out what has changed.

Did you change any scanning options in SUPERAntiSpyware?

No, I have always done a Complete system scan. So everything else seems to be the same.

Question: how would we know if SAS was getting hung up on a particular file or if it was taking abnormally long to scan?