rmw70

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen in System Volume Info Restore

Hi, my computer has been running quite slow for weeks now. I defragment my drive often which in theory should've fixed the problem. But then I got to thinking that maybe there was spyware or a virus on my computer. So I ran my anti-virus program and it came up clean. I also ran Spybot search and destroy and that came up clean, but upon running SuperAntiSpyware I ended up getting a trojan entry. I'm not sure if it's real or not so that's why I'm here. I have updated the definitions for all of my programs including Super and the entry is still showing up. This is what it says.

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen [2 items]

Files:

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE {2C500C47-08DD-455C-9F83-BEA2A88433FD}\RP211\A0041444.DLL

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE {2C500C47-08DD-455C-9F83-BEA2A88433FD}\RP211\A0041445.DLL

Is this legit and how can I go about cleaning it? I've cleaned it twice now and both times have rebooted my computer, which it states to do. And it still won't go away. Please help!

Hi, my computer has been running quite slow for weeks now. I defragment my drive often which in theory should've fixed the problem. But then I got to thinking that maybe there was spyware or a virus on my computer. So I ran my anti-virus program and it came up clean. I also ran Spybot search and destroy and that came up clean, but upon running SuperAntiSpyware I ended up getting a trojan entry. I'm not sure if it's real or not so that's why I'm here. I have updated the definitions for all of my programs including Super and the entry is still showing up. This is what it says.

Trojan.Fake-Drop/Gen [2 items]

Files:

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE {2C500C47-08DD-455C-9F83-BEA2A88433FD}\RP211\A0041444.DLL

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE {2C500C47-08DD-455C-9F83-BEA2A88433FD}\RP211\A0041445.DLL

Is this legit and how can I go about cleaning it? I've cleaned it twice now and both times have rebooted my computer, which it states to do. And it still won't go away. Please help!

Those items are not slowing down your sysetm - those are in System Restore. If you feel your system is infected, submit a support ticket and we can run a diagnostic on your system:

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

Those items are not slowing down your sysetm - those are in System Restore. If you feel your system is infected, submit a support ticket and we can run a diagnostic on your system:

Regardless, if that's what is slowing it down or not. I would still like to know if that is a legitimate trojan. If it is I certainly don't want it on my system!

Regardless, if that's what is slowing it down or not. I would still like to know if that is a legitimate trojan. If it is I certainly don't want it on my system!

Submit the support request and we can check it out.

Turning the System Restore off and back will delete the files, but it will also nuke all saved restore points. If you never use System Restore then it's a moot point. In any event if SAS is willing to diagnose your pc you may want to follow his lead. :D