SUPERAntiSpy

Icon Update?

Any knowledge of the icon being updated? I wouldn't want to see it completely change but he is the only one in the dock icons that hasn't seen an upgrade. :(

If I were better with photoshop I would put in a submission :cry:

The icon is staying as is - it's called product branding, everyone knows the icon now :)

The SAS team, is as stated before, concentrated on spyware removal, and not the look of the GUI. They also want the GUI to be as simple as possible.

The icon actually reminds me of SpySheriff, it does make SAS look like a rogue program :D

But the program inside in superb.

The icon actually reminds me of SpySheriff, it does make SAS look like a rogue program :D

But the program inside in superb.

Well, considering we were out 2 years before SpySherrif - that means they look like us, not us like them :)

I moderate at a forum where we promote SAS. 20% discount on the Pro version if you purchase it through our link. So we recommend it to everyone. I wasn't taking a shot at the product itself. I know branding, I understand the work you put into detection and removal. It was a simple question.

Thanks.

It's no problem, I was just letting you know why it wouldn't really be changed much in the future - we do appeciate your support.

please change the bug icon in the system tray.. it really bugs me.

The icon won't be changed at this point, we have over 8 million users.......it's now a brand :)

I think he was trying to make a funny comment.

"please change the bug icon in the system tray.. it really bugs me."

Or maybe not. It can just be me who are wrong. Nevermind. :)

I think he was trying to make a funny comment.

"please change the bug icon in the system tray.. it really bugs me."

Or maybe not. It can just be me who are wrong. Nevermind. :)

Oh ok :) There were no smilies, so I wasn't sure!

THE BUG ICON IS NOT FUNNY! IT IS AN INSULT TO ALL THE BUGS IN THE BUG COMMUNITY! CHANGE IT OR I WILL REPORT IT TO THE BUG OFFICERS! :x

IM DAMN SERIOUS!

AND IT REALLY DOESNT LOOK LIKE A BUG! IT LOOKS LIKE A BOX WHEN I HAVE A BLACK TASKBAR!

THE BUG ICON IS NOT FUNNY! IT IS AN INSULT TO ALL THE BUGS IN THE BUG COMMUNITY! CHANGE IT OR I WILL REPORT IT TO THE BUG OFFICERS! :x

IM DAMN SERIOUS!

AND IT REALLY DOESNT LOOK LIKE A BUG! IT LOOKS LIKE A BOX WHEN I HAVE A BLACK TASKBAR!

:)

Now I'm a little concerned if he is serious or not. Jokes and irony doesn't really work on the internet. :wink:

I agree :shock: The red colour is yucky. I like the green circle with the white hook :wink:

I think the icon image is just fine. What I would like to suggest is that the icon reflect the status of SAS. For instance the icon could indicate update availability, real time protection ON/OFF, scan in progress, things along those lines. At a minimum perhaps the icon could turn red when SAS wants to alert the user about something, such as outdated signatures? A number of other security programs do this and I've noticed it helps me catch problems.

IM DAMN SERIOUS!

Quite funny post.

Awesome, that is perfect, thanks!!!!!

For anyone interested I made the white part transparent and made it into a .png

SAS.png

Awesome, that is perfect, thanks!!!!!

No bug and no guy with sunglasses please ... :cry:

I heard that version 5 will get a new icon and a new GUI - is it right? :-D

Once again I'm sticking out my neck on this...but I totally agree.

SAS has an antlmalware program which is second to none, but their marketing and display of such looks like a 3 AM informercial.

I heard that version 5 will get a new icon and a new GUI - is it right? :-D

Yes, there is an updated GUI:)