dellyfry

SUPERAntiSpyware suggestion.

One of the most useful features that I have found in an antispyware product is found in the program SpySweeper. It blocks communication to known bad purveyor sites of spyware, as in during installation of a spyware component, it will block the phone home.... preventing further installation. Even if the infected process is not recognized by the current definitions, the site may be. Without it's life blood, installation cannot continue and on next reboot, it's often gone completely or is useless. I have never seen it conflict with a current firewall, but enhance it.

I would like to see a similar function within SUPERAntispyware Pro. If said component is opening a form of communication with gromozon, doller revenue, zango... then that communication is automatically blocked.. hindering that process(es) operation or even further installation. This would help with unknown infections and their operation.

BTW, let me also say that SUPERAntiSpyware Pro has excellent realtime protection. In my own tests, the quick response and auto termination of known infections is fantastic. In my experience, pausing to ask a surprised user what to do with an infected process often will give that process all the time it needs to install additional components and lock itself in there tight, before the user even gets around to dealing with it. So, bravo on your excellent work! :)

One of the most useful features that I have found in an antispyware product is found in the program SpySweeper. It blocks communication to known bad purveyor sites of spyware, as in during installation of a spyware component, it will block the phone home.... preventing further installation. Even if the infected process is not recognized by the current definitions, the site may be. Without it's life blood, installation cannot continue and on next reboot, it's often gone completely or is useless. I have never seen it conflict with a current firewall, but enhance it.

I would like to see a similar function within SUPERAntispyware Pro. If said component is opening a form of communication with gromozon, doller revenue, zango... then that communication is automatically blocked.. hindering that process(es) operation or even further installation. This would help with unknown infections and their operation.

BTW, let me also say that SUPERAntiSpyware Pro has excellent realtime protection. In my own tests, the quick response and auto termination of known infections is fantastic. In my experience, pausing to ask a surprised user what to do with an infected process often will give that process all the time it needs to install additional components and lock itself in there tight, before the user even gets around to dealing with it. So, bravo on your excellent work! :)

Thanks for the suggestion - we actually have some of that type of protection in the works :)

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the suggestion - we actually have some of that type of protection in the works Smile

Wow, you guys think of everything... everything I send your way seems to be in progress. :lol:

Hmm, okay, two more...

Are you planning a boot time scanner that a user could initialize to scan before Windows starts? I noticed that Avast does this. (BTW, have I already asked this question before..? I'm foggy in my thinking right now)..

Also, I've noticed on some of the spyware components that they immediately disable access to the Windows XP firewall, preventing you from checking its status and turning it back on. Does SUPERAntiSpyware Pro have the ability to repair this?

Take care,

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the suggestion - we actually have some of that type of protection in the works Smile

Wow, you guys think of everything... everything I send your way seems to be in progress. :lol:

Hmm, okay, two more...

Are you planning a boot time scanner that a user could initialize to scan before Windows starts? I noticed that Avast does this. (BTW, have I already asked this question before..? I'm foggy in my thinking right now)..

Also, I've noticed on some of the spyware components that they immediately disable access to the Windows XP firewall, preventing you from checking its status and turning it back on. Does SUPERAntiSpyware Pro have the ability to repair this?

Take care,

We do have a boot time scanner already - it loads during the WinLogon process before windows has actually started the shell - the only things loaded before are kernel drives and the basic subsystem, so it does allow many items to be detected and removed prior to getting their hooks into the system.

I will add the firewall repair to our list of repairs - I am not sure if it will make it into this next release, but we keep all items on our list for possible inclusion in future versions!

SUPERAntiSpy,

We do have a boot time scanner already - it loads during the WinLogon process before windows has actually started the shell - the only things loaded before are kernel drives and the basic subsystem, so it does allow many items to be detected and removed prior to getting their hooks into the system.

Hmm, I guess I had something slightly different in mind. I know that you are working on a command line feature (can't wait to see it), and I just thought it would be cool to launch a command line scanner (by user request) using your BootSafe utility. That way SUPERAntiSpyware can scan during the time when you see the loading Windows 2000/XP logo, the time when one would see a chkdsk run if it was scheduled.