comptechguy

Licensing for computer professionals

I am interested in purchasing a copy of Super Antispyware, but I have a special circumstance. I am a computer consultant. I prefer to use antispyware tools to remove spyware, but not leave the said tools running on the machine. Now, I know many other techs do this with commercial tools, but I have ethical issues with that. As I don't plan on leaving the software on the machine after the cleaning, can I purchase a single license of the software? I would feel better about doing this if I at least a paid for copy.

So basically... I would clean the machine using the Free Version, and then consult with the customer on purchasing the full version. If the customer is interested in having the software on the machine I would then purchase a separate copy(of Super Antispyware Pro) for them and bill them later.

Thanks,

Comptechguy

I am interested in purchasing a copy of Super Antispyware, but I have a special circumstance. I am a computer consultant. I prefer to use antispyware tools to remove spyware, but not leave the said tools running on the machine. Now, I know many other techs do this with commercial tools, but I have ethical issues with that. As I don't plan on leaving the software on the machine after the cleaning, can I purchase a single license of the software? I would feel better about doing this if I at least a paid for copy.

So basically... I would clean the machine using the Free Version, and then consult with the customer on purchasing the full version. If the customer is interested in having the software on the machine I would then purchase a separate copy(of Super Antispyware Pro) for them and bill them later.

Thanks,

Comptechguy

What we would prefer is leaving the Free Edition on the system - it cleans the same as the Professional. You can also sign up as a reseller and purchase and install for the user - you can PM me and I can provide some details.

I'm also a consultant, and my advice would be to purchase several Pro licenses w/ lifetime updates at a discounted rate in advance. You can then keep the activation codes on a flash drive, etc., and then markup the cost $10 or w/e you wish to charge the customer.

Installing SAS Free will allow you to clean up the system (same detection/removal capabilities as Pro), and you'll have a chance to pimp the software to your customer. If they elect to purchase the Pro version it only takes a few seconds to activate and enable real-time, fcp, and scheduled scanning. 9 times out of 10 if you leave malware removal tools on a customer's pc they won't run them anyhow.

SuperAntiSpyware has lost it's crown to Anti-Malware for best spyware removal tool in my book.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/inde ... st&p=15640

:wink:

Surely you realize that nothing is 100% on any given day. Claiming that SAS has "lost its crown to MBAM" is a bold and opinionated statement IMO. I've run MBAM before SAS on some pretty hosed systems, and SAS is still flagging legit malware afterwards. I own several licenses of each program, so I'm not just a random SAS Fanboi injecting his thoughts.

Thanks,

Comptechguy

Interesting how you made the other statement on MBAM's forum regarding SUPREAntiSpyware "losing it's crown to MBAM" - no single product can catch everything on a given day - MBAM also DOES NOT have direct disk access, which means there are threats (rootkits and filter drivers) that can hide themselves from MBAM that SAS will be able to see and remove.

Anti-Spyware is not a competition, it should be the anti-spyware companies against the spyware - having multiple products such as SUPERAntiSpyware, MBAM, etc. etc. that can co-exist is the only real way to clean heavily infected systems.

We have done extensive testing against competitive products and we routinely clean up things they never see - just as they can find samples they detect that we don't - many products focus on "traces" where we focus on the heart of the infections, the actual file threats, no matter where they hide.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the information.

I mean no offense in saying that the other said software is more or less 'top pick' in my book at the moment. It's just at this particular moment the other program is picking up stuff that SAS has missed(new vundo variants). I was impressed because I had not run into the other program before. I have been recommending SAS to everyone who has asked about spyware cleanup programs. I am still interested in licensing both for cleanup use as well as recommending both to clients who want a little more protection. Super Antispyware is a great and highly under rated program(as in, I don't see it mentioned in many software review websites or in the top picks at Major Geeks). I will continue to advocate it's usage! To all, please accept my apologies for sorta implying that SAS isn't a good program anymore. It's excellent. Please keep up the good fight!