optimyst

Trend detecting TROJ_VSUP.A on sas exe V4.0.0.1154

Trend tagged my installation of SAS with TROJ_VSUP.A with it's 1Apr08 definition file (Pattern Version: 5.197.00 http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/ ... atsnew.txt).

To test, I tried installing on a clean PC from new downloaded copy (superantispyware.exe, free edition, 6.04MB, Version 4.0.0.1154, MD5 Hash D58CD348A70ED4EAAD19282EACB754C0) and Trend immediately flagged it with the same trojan_vsup.a and blocked the install. Can anyone confirm this as a false positive?

This is a false positive with Trend Micro and we are trying to resolve it, but they are telling us it's our problem, not theirs - we will get them to remove the definition as it is a false positive on Trend Micro's behalf.

thanks for the info. i was able to install version 4 by turning off TrendMicro, install SAS 4 then rebooting. everything works. in trend micro v scan settings adding SAS to the ignore scan list lets the program function

thanks for the info. i was able to install version 4 by turning off TrendMicro, install SAS 4 then rebooting. everything works. in trend micro v scan settings adding SAS to the ignore scan list lets the program function

did you un- install the previous version????

because i cant....:-(

error 1316 fatal error upon instalation.......

did you un- install the previous version????

because i cant....:-(

error 1316 fatal error upon instalation.......

yes i did. perhaps if your vscan quaranteened it you can delete it there

thanks....that did it...now how did you disable trend in order to download S.S??? with the exit click in the task bar?? And won't the Trojan re-appear when you enable trend again???

thanks.......

This is a false positive with Trend Micro and we are trying to resolve it, but they are telling us it's our problem, not theirs - we will get them to remove the definition as it is a false positive on Trend Micro's behalf.

Why is it yours problem? It's Trend Micro who is detecting a false positive, and then it's their own problem. God, why be so difficult to work with - just listen and remove the false positive.

will you post when its resolved???

thank you......... :(

I've had SAS/free edition and Trend on for several months with no issues. On April 4, 2008, Trend indicated that ERAntiSpyware.exe was infected and unable to quarentine it. Since then Trend will start the virus scan and then simply stop and close. I see by these posts that it may appear to be a false possitive. I included the application as one of the exempt files/folders but to no avail. The logs do not show anything except what happened back on April 4.

I haven't been in touch with Trend yet. Any suggestions before I do so? :?

I've had SAS/free edition and Trend on for several months with no issues. On April 4, 2008, Trend indicated that ERAntiSpyware.exe was infected and unable to quarentine it. Since then Trend will start the virus scan and then simply stop and close. I see by these posts that it may appear to be a false possitive. I included the application as one of the exempt files/folders but to no avail. The logs do not show anything except what happened back on April 4.

I haven't been in touch with Trend yet. Any suggestions before I do so? :?

Update your Trend Micro Definitions and it won't detect SUPERAntiSpyware anymore, then re-install SUPERAntiSpyware.