SUPERAntiSpy

4.0.1154 Free - message to re-boot.

I have 4.0.1154 Free, and I did a full scan, it found the usual cookies, but this time it found known threats in the temp internet folder, after I put them into the quarantine I usually just click on finish, but this time a message appeared telling me that I should re-boot which I did, I then went back into the program and removed the folder in the quarantine.

Why did I get the message to re-boot right after moving the threat items to the quarantine folder?

Also do I get the 4.1 latest pre-release on the main site?

Win 98 S.E

You got the message to reboot because the files were in-use. The only way to get the new pre-release is to PM me - I don't want it posted everywhere before we test more. For Win98SE there really is nothing changed in 4.1.

Would they be in use the files even though they were temp internet files?

Cookies are in use are they not? but I don't get a re-boot message with them.

Also I forgot to say that on re-booting I saw the message informing that windows was updating files, like I normally get if I have installed or un-installed a program etc.

Who knows why they were in-use, something had them locked. Not all cookies are in-use. The message you saw was us deleting them.

Would they be in use the files even though they were temp internet files?

Cookies are in use are they not? but I don't get a re-boot message with them.

Also I forgot to say that on re-booting I saw the message informing that windows was updating files, like I normally get if I have installed or un-installed a program etc.

Who knows why they were in-use, something had them locked. Not all cookies are in-use. The message you saw was us deleting them.

if only cookies are to be removed, than prior closing browsers or logging off/on could be enough to perform removal. Reboot can be unwanted if system service continuity is demanded.