Diane P.

SASDIFSV service failed to start

I was online and was having some difficulty with Outlook Express and my connection to the newserver. At the same time, I got a notice that there was a program update available from SAS, then I got a couple of error messages, the one above which is the subject. The cause of the error message, according to WinXP was that there already was a file created.

I then got a DrWatson error message, which I can only conclude was a bit/byte mishmash when SAS tried to update itself. I had purchased the full version of the program and was running the new beta. I presume the program update was the update to the beta.

SAS did update eventually and all seems to be okay. "Ms. Paranoia" would like to know if it is reasonable to assume that the DrWatson problem was in response to SAS attempting to update and all the stuff that was going on at the same time? Thanks. Diane

I was online and was having some difficulty with Outlook Express and my connection to the newserver. At the same time, I got a notice that there was a program update available from SAS, then I got a couple of error messages, the one above which is the subject. The cause of the error message, according to WinXP was that there already was a file created.

I then got a DrWatson error message, which I can only conclude was a bit/byte mishmash when SAS tried to update itself. I had purchased the full version of the program and was running the new beta. I presume the program update was the update to the beta.

SAS did update eventually and all seems to be okay. "Ms. Paranoia" would like to know if it is reasonable to assume that the DrWatson problem was in response to SAS attempting to update and all the stuff that was going on at the same time? Thanks. Diane

It's hard to know what happened - your other problems could have interferred with the update to SUPERAntiSpyware - but if all is working properly now, you should be all set.